ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newish member with photos

Hi all, been posting for about a week now! New boy from Herts, Become the proud owner of a 182 last weekend after having a fiesta 1.25! I lost the right to post last week? but it seems I can post again now! Just thought I would upoad some pics of my new car - Though you all know what a standard 182 looks like! (Minus the Piper X)

Enjoy!

100_0808.gif

100_0809.gif

100_0810.gif

100_0813.gif

100_0815.gif

100_0816.gif

100_0817.gif

100_0820.gif

100_0821.gif

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
correct me if im wrong but because its an open filter the air going into it will be heated up by the engine. what people call heat soak i think.

because the air is less dense there will be less oxygen molecules per set volume of air. this means that reactions in the engine itself will be less efficient at releasing energy as there is less oxygen molecules for the petrol to react with. so power will be lost.

i could be completely wrong but i was thinking about it recently and this is the only reason i could come up with for this happening. someone please correct me if im wrong

correct me if im wrong but because its an open filter the air going into it will be heated up by the engine. what people call heat soak i think.

because the air is less dense there will be less oxygen molecules per set volume of air. this means that reactions in the engine itself will be less efficient at releasing energy as there is less oxygen molecules for the petrol to react with. so power will be lost.

i could be completely wrong but i was thinking about it recently and this is the only reason i could come up with for this happening. someone please correct me if im wrong

Logic sounds spot on to me there mate but I'm no expert.

Ben, great looking car. I can't wait to take the same step up as you - just don't think it'll be any time soon.

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.

Correct, if your going to keep the PiperX get a heat shield, basically a metal shield that surrounds the filter cone to minimise the effect of heat soak.....

ITG seems to be a common favourite with the 1*2 owners on here...do a search, lots of advice etc....

is dirty.
I thought if it had the Cup spoiler and splitter it would have the darker wheels.
Anyway very nice car, look after it. Oh and on here you will find loads of ideas on what sensible and subtle yet effictive modifications you can do to your car. Enjoy!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Welcome - nice car indeed, rare to see a 182 on here without the cup wheels heh!

hrh_ricky - No not necessarily, the spoilers are one pack (lip and rear), the cup suspension/dark wheels/exalto tyres another. Cup spoiler pack, and Cup suspension pack. If you have both together it's apparently called 'The extreme pack' on Renaults dealer computers :) But they were sold seperately, it's just that most people that took one, took both.

You couldn't have Sat Nav and the cup rear spoiler though - as the antenna wouldn't fit with the spoiler there - but there was nothing to stop you having the cup suspension pack and front spoiler with Sat Nav.

Dan

Dam! I brought the Piper X last Thursday over the Viper kit because I didnt think it would make much diffrence! I was going to get a panel filter, but love the noise of the induction kit! might have to get a ITG panel and put the airbox back on, Once I have my sports cat and exhaust on!

monaco blue 172 ..
in other words sucking in hot air from engine , instead of cold air from the standard cold air feed !!! nice and simple lol ...