ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nic's Titanium

182BG / Silver182
Hi all I picked this silver 182 up last year but haven't really done anything with it because I was sorting other projects and the wife was pregnant.
plan is to try and keep uploading pics of the project to keep a note for myself what i have done.

I also have a BG 182 which is more track focused, I've had a few Clio's in the last year or so but sold most of them on.

Will get some pics up.

BG Track Car

clio bg .jpg

clio bg 2.jpg
clio bg 3.jpg

Rb that i just sold to a friend

rb 182 .jpg

Flamer

flamer.jpg

The silver one that i want to keep standard with a more Oem + style as the black one is horrible to drive on the road.

silver 182.jpg

Hope to keep this updated as things get done.

Cheers Nic

Clio 182
I've got a titanium one too. Think it suits car really well. Looks modern still.
It's the most common colour unfortunately I think.
I wanted a racing blue one but didn't find one in my price range at time.

I quite like the old phase 1 Clio's now, can't be many of them left. Never see them on road. 182s are common as muck.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I've got a titanium one too. Think it suits car really well. Looks modern still.
It's the most common colour unfortunately I think.
I wanted a racing blue one but didn't find one in my price range at time.

I quite like the old phase 1 Clio's now, can't be many of them left. Never see them on road. 182s are common as muck.
It’s not, they made more black gold.

182BG / Silver182
Managed to get the 2118s on this weekend. It’s currently got eibach pro springs on but I have some cooksports so hopefully will sit better with them.
I have some front 16mm spacers to fit and 10mm ones for the back.

Also removed the wind deflectors.
9566AB48-F38E-4ADA-9DC4-B38338CB3140.jpeg

182BG / Silver182
So the clio is now on Cooksport springs with 16mm front spacers and 10mm rear, sits a lot better now I think.

Today was mot day and also had the tracking done.

5D6BA01A-8F4D-4046-B827-74E19853D856.jpeg
B692449C-819F-4E6F-929A-0F3390D26AEB.jpeg
779F1ED0-3419-4EED-9089-183484ACCEB6.jpeg

Next up is a good clean and to fit new silvatec bulbs and enjoy driving it. Also have some carbon bits that I’m not sure weather to fit or sell on.

Rear bumper trim and fog surrounds.

182BG / Silver182
Couple of extra pics. Drove to pick my 35 week pregnant wife up from Stansted airport yesterday (safe to say it didn’t go down too well 😂) but the car felt great and handles really well until the tyres give out.

Current mods

ktec induction kit
Power flex black series engine mount
M-factory diff
Yozza/btm exhaust with decat
Speedline 2118s with toyo tr1s
Cooksport springs
16mm spacers - front
10mm spacers - rear

834B94EB-53FE-489E-8077-A3469063B9F2.jpeg
3B7C360A-DB39-46EA-82AA-DB26767E73C0.jpeg

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Couple of extra pics. Drove to pick my 35 week pregnant wife up from Stansted airport yesterday (safe to say it didn’t go down too well 😂) but the car felt great and handles really well until the tyres give out.

Current mods

ktec induction kit
Power flex black series engine mount
M-factory diff
Yozza/btm exhaust with decat
Speedline 2118s with toyo tr1s
Cooksport springs
16mm spacers - front
10mm spacers - rear

View attachment 1635323View attachment 1635324
Car looks great, love a clean titanium. Interested in how you find the dif? Was it an expensive upgrade? I’m hoping to sort an LSD when I rebuild my box this year.

182BG / Silver182
Car looks great, love a clean titanium. Interested in how you find the dif? Was it an expensive upgrade? I’m hoping to sort an LSD when I rebuild my box this year.
I've been using my Black Clio on track for a few years without a diff and always want to upgrade to one, it was part the reason I bought the silver Clio as it came fitted all ready but had a crunch in 3rd, took the pms shifter off and it doesn't crunch so it must not have been set up properly. it really lets you get on the throttle quicker when coming out of a corner. I will more than likely be swaping the box over with the BG track car.

182BG / Silver182
Up Great Dunmow area mate,nice to see another local Titanium owner.Could get a group meet up one day,as i know two other titanium owners in essex😁
Sounds like a good plan, i know of a couple but think they may be the same people. I've got a couple of mates with Clio's as well.

182BG / Silver182
Haven't updated this in a while so here goes.

I'm in the process of stripping my BG track car so have moved some of the bits onto the Titanium. So now the car has brand new Gaz gha coilovers and a refurbished white line anti roll bar. Feels a lot tighter now but our roads mean its not as nice to drive :( so may switch back to shocks and springs.
The biggest update is that I've bought a second hand turbo kit.

Coupe of pics of how she stands ( think the front needs to come down a bit more )

Clio 1.jpg
clio 2.jpg
turbo.jpg

182BG / Silver182
I've had a oil return welded into the sump, I know most people drill and tap the block but that just makes me nervous. So will see how it goes
sump.jpg

Also had the intercooler pipes powder coated as I just couldn’t put them on in the condition they were.
pipes.jpg

Fingers crossed I should get everything fitted Friday/over the weekend.

Will get some pictures as we bolt everything on.

182BG / Silver182
Daft question but is the oil return above oil level?
I did question this with my friend who's helping fit everything as i did ask the welder to do it a bit higher up the sump. But when the engine is running i take it the oil will be going around the engine so hopefully it will be fine 😬

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Yeah the oil should be moving when engine is running. Im unsure if it will cause a problem. Probably worth checking level whilst sump is off with a few ltrs of water to see where it sits.

182BG / Silver182
Yeah the oil should be moving when engine is running. Im unsure if it will cause a problem. Probably worth checking level whilst sump is off with a few ltrs of water to see where it sits.
Thanks. will try that.

182BG / Silver182
Hi Brigsy i put 4.5 ltrs of water in the sump this morning and it was below the oil return so hopefully it should be ok.

182BG / Silver182
Getting the 182 manifold off was a right ball ache but we’ve done it now. We then started to label all the different connectors on the engine loom as the kit I bought came already done with the efi module. So we just wanted to swap them over.

IMG_1944.jpeg

We also test fitted the turbo and got the heat shield on. It’s very tight behind there but it fits without touching the heat shield. We finished the day with the new engine loom in place and most connectors plugged in.

B976B97E-F1D6-45E2-8757-49FF10C1E856.jpeg