ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon D40 - Teleconvertor/Extension tubes?

I'm looking for a teleconvertor or extension tube to use with the d40. Reason being I'd like a bit more zoom on the sigma 55-200mm for motorsport.

I haven't a clue what I'm looking for. I'd like to maintain all the automatic features if possible, and don't want solutions that would cost more than a lens.

Any ideas?

Megane Mk4
Nikon do a teleconverter, but it isn't cheap. Sigma and Jessops do teleconverters too, but they don't have full auto compatibility with the D40, in fact I've been told by a Jessops sales guy that the Jessops/Sigma won't work at all with the D40. (which is complete crap btw, they will, but only in Manual mode)

Try online for deals.

You'll lose auto focus and some IQ. Also extension tubes are very different to tele converters, they reduce your minimum focus distance and remove the ability to focus to infinity, used for close up/macro...