ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Use and Abuse Car Thread

So I've been a member for fairly long-time on here but ventured off for a while but have always had a little something for French hot hatches.

I've had various 1.4RT's, several 16v's a Clio Williams, a 172 Mk1 and a Clio V6 Mk1, recently I ventured and went the route of a Megane RS250 which had the capability to run 400bhp but was tuned to a safe and reliable 360bhp a decent offer came in so that went.

For my next project in terms of French cars I'm acquiring along with a friend 2 x Clio 172's to prep for track with a very simple brief, as light as possible, as powerful as possible without relevance of sense. ie. of course to much power is pointless if you can't put it down but basically want something fun and I'm not Lewis Hamilton I simply take enjoyment of playing with cars and spanners, then using them as they should be. I'll be running a thread on these next week after they've been collected next weekend.

Purpose of this thread was just to show some of my previous cars I've had fun building and playing with over the years / recently and present.

I've to many to list as I buy cars, play around with them and shift them on usually quite quick once bored although I kept the GT-R 5 years which was pretty good going so will list a few of mine past and present.

The journey began back in 2003 for me when I bought an MG ZR which soon became a feature car in Max Power and the last Total MG Magazine aside from lots of custom touches the main features was Air Suspension which back in 2003 wasn't common at all and with it not wanting to be just a show car in was dropped a Rover 620Ti engine with the 820Ti gearbox to produce a healthy 220bhp as said 2003 a 220bhp hot-hatch was pretty nippy and 19" wheels were practically unheard of.

nnjQYDhl.jpg

After the MG I turned to a Ibiza Cupra which I did a lot of work with Forge developing few parts and the FMIC and was the first to cut out the front bar and smooth which everyone seemed to then follow suit.

I then dabbled around with Jap cars Impreza's and Supra's in general. The Supra I enjoyed the most was a Storm Blue Twin Turbo Aerotop, not many TT Aerotops were around and once I started playing with it I had a knock on the door and a guy made me a silly offer and it was gone. I loved this car.

ezzQbxel.jpg

As mentioned I had another Supra looked much more standard but ran high power, I then had Impreza STI 7 (Blobeye) in Silver and then another Impreza but STI 8 (Hawkeye) in Blue. I much preferred the 2.0l high rev STI 7 over the STI 8 with the 2.5l engine which was much lower down power.

I travelled and bought the car from a guy in Northern Ireland selling as he was setting up a business, 1 year later he rang me to ask to buy it back and we agreed on the price I'd bought it for all not bad considering I'd stuck another 12,000 miles on it.

I then turned to E46 M3's I had a Carbon Black Manual Coupe and a Silver Grey SMG-II Vert so could experience all options really did enjoy these

waJDkXfl.jpg

As said I had a GT-R for 5 years as well which took a hefty amount of money but I absolutely loved I sold it as after 5 years of owning over 100 laps of Nurburgring, outings to Spa and even up Goodwood Hill at FOS I decided it was a decent time to move on it used to have 2 forms, show / fast road and track.

srXooQDl.png

tfiYsZJl.jpg

qRvsEA5l.jpg

Anyway as said beforehand amongst this I'd had a Clio V6 which I did few bits to, suspension, intakes, fitted the Quiksilver OMG exhaust very strange car. I loved it but it was the most pointless car I'd ever owned. It's not particularly quick, it doesn't handle well, it's heavy, it has no room, it's expensive to maintain properly but I enjoyed it. Tim Westwood even liked it and I fitted the Trendlines from a Trophy which is the seats it should of come with anyway in my opinion.

MrXj0aBl.jpg

nkcEUTdl.jpg

qAXbgP8l.jpg

As mentioned I had a Megane RS250 which I played with I'll have to put the full spec up but it's not on this PC so I'll add it in later but here is a few photos.

I do generally an annual run across the Swiss Alps and mountain passes into Italy etc, did the same in the GT-R as well as very picturesque and love the roads and driving.

YlcAn7Cl.jpg

gqfLpdLl.jpg

2D3JcRbl.jpg

j6WzeD3l.jpg

VdjQrzYl.jpg

And presently my track toy is an F80 M3 which I'm really enjoying it's just been set up by Central Gravity so looking forward now to throwing it back around some circuits.

8Rsx64Il.jpg

u6Kfvkil.jpg

rGGt8OZl.jpg

Anyway thought I'd post these to have a bit of history behind me and will probably use this to keep the F80 M3 project going through as it's not had much done yet really.

That said will start a Clio Project thread once I've got the car(s) and no doubt it'll be marmite as deemed unpractical but as said lightweight and high power is my project spec.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Not a bad group of cars to have owned!

I lol'd at Tim Westwoods approval [emoji3]

Thanks. The wheels on the Megane are OZ Alleggerita HLT's went with them as only 7.965kg / 17.559lb's to be exact without tyres could certainly feel the difference in the un-sprung weight and loved the look of them I have a contact in Italy so price was very good getting them direct without a middle man.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Wow that's quite the car history you have. And all used properly and had money poured into them. Kudos to you sir. I guess it shows how good the little clio is as a fun car that you've chosen one over a track day special. I look forward to seeing the clio build.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thanks. The wheels on the Megane are OZ Alleggerita HLT's went with them as only 7.965kg / 17.559lb's to be exact without tyres could certainly feel the difference in the un-sprung weight and loved the look of them I have a contact in Italy so price was very good getting them direct without a middle man.

I’d love them for my Golf - won’t be cheap i reckon!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lovely. Centre gravity setup my M3, outstanding job.

Sent from my typewriter using Tapatalk

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Cracking write up. And what a great selection of cars. And using them what they are designed for