ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nikon d40

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
wanting a new camera and wonderd where is the best/cheapest place to get these?

thnaks karl :)

Revels Mum & Sister
Plus you get £30 squids back from Nikon

Excellent camera bought one the other week. 2 days before the 10 quid off DOOHH

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member

is the 18-55mm lens ok? or will i need to buy more stuff to add to it?

and how much to the memory cards go for?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

is the 18-55mm lens ok? or will i need to buy more stuff to add to it?

and how much to the memory cards go for?

the lens kit is awesome. takes great pics straight from the box. Just buy a quick 2gb card, UV and polorising filter and you'll be busy for a long time....

Revels Mum & Sister
Amen cletus.

Also sometime its worth getting the 50MM f/1.8 lense as well for about £70

Suzuki Ignis
Yeah the kit lens is good but if your wanting to get different lens it a fair bit of money as you'll need to get lenses with the motor in. The d40/x doesnt have a motor in the body.
Thats partly why i got the d50 over the d40 even though the d40 is newer.
Both great entry level dslr's,good for going to know how SLR works and can produce stunning results for the price that you can get them now.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, the AF-S lens are slightly more expensive, but unless you're planning to buy s**t loads of em, i doubt you'll notice really.

Also manual focusing can be fun - when you a shot right, you get more of a sense of acheivement

Suzuki Ignis
yeah plus i find that the 50mm f1.8 tends to hunt for ages before it locks on. Only really use it in studio in manual focus mostly for portraits.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
works out £303.99 for the d40 with UV filter thats without cash back that a good price?

as im going to order and collect in-store later on

Revels Mum & Sister
Cool ;)

There is a great little magazine in WHSmiths for the D40X but obviously covers the D40. Explains every feature and shizzle. Worth the £6.99 with the photo magazines

Ukaesw pointed it out to me

VaVa
They are a pain in the arse to carry round. I've had mine for about 18 months now and still find it pain in certain situations. Best advice I can give is get a decent compact for times when an SLR is just too much of a ballache.

You a photography expert now Clart? ;)

VaVa
Amen to that. I thought you were going to be another McBunny. Had a camera for a week and becomes the font of all knowledge. lol.

How you finding the D40? I'm considering a switch to Nikon....

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Amen to that. I thought you were going to be another McBunny. Had a camera for a week and becomes the font of all knowledge. lol.

lol. d40 is v cool, and i much prefer the feel of nikons to the canons, just personal preference i guess.

Seems to be a very popular camera everywhere you look, i haven't got a bad thing to say about it so far.

Astra coupe

lol. d40 is v cool, and i much prefer the feel of nikons to the canons, just personal preference i guess.

Seems to be a very popular camera everywhere you look, i haven't got a bad thing to say about it so far.
Same. I couldn't get on with the canons.
As for sd cards i got a 4gb SDHC from www.7dayshop.com for £18 posted

VaVa
Well my choice was between the 350D and the D50 at the time and I preferred the Canon then... as you say it's just personal preference....Has the D40 got sensor cleaning? I'll have to get down to Jessops and have a play with one.

Revels Mum & Sister
Laingo it doesnt have Sensor cleaning built in.

I love mine, I am like cletus. I like taking piccys and buying shizzle I dont really need.

cheers guys, my local camera shop has the d40x with 2yr warrenty, crumpler bag and 1gb card for £449 plus the £40 cash back

Monaco 172
got one of these a few weeks ago, very happy with it, was in new york and and got the 55-200 lens for 95quid. got a few pics to put up here in a sec.

DSC_02342.jpg

DSC_02092.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/pete_clio/DSC_02092.jpg