ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon D60 + New Lenses

If it has an AF motor it kinda makes sense, in fact it could be a good upgrade for D50 owners like myself.

Nikon have come a long way since the D50/D80/200 range, just done a bit of digging and this new one shares many of the same processes as the D300/D3, such as the EXPEED processor, dust reduction, D-Lighting etc, so the quality should easily eclipse the last gen cameras. So that new tehnology with the current 10.2mp sensor from the D80/D40X makes perfect sense to me.

Seriously tempted actually, perfect upgrade route for me. Will wait for the reviews but I'm 90% certain I will get one, only slightly kicker is the 3fps, could have done with a 4 or 5.

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
The differences between the two models is, to say the least, subtle. The D60 shares its body with the D40X and most of their specifications are identical. The D60 adds a two-pronged method for combating dust accumulation on the sensor - a system to shake dust from the sensor and another channel dust away from the sensor in the first place.

Other than this, the D60 adds active d-lighting that helps maximize dynamic range by adjusting exposure to retain highlights then boosting shadows. It also adds a digital rangefinder that indicates subject distance when manually focusing lenses. A stop-motion mode lets the camera clump individual frames together as an animation - the first time we've seen this feature on a DSLR. At the cherry-on-the-top end of the new functions comes the addition of a sensor that turns off the screen when the camera is held up to the eye and a user interface that rotates when the camera is upended.

so basically its for stupid people... or canon users...

D

dick

The differences between the two models is, to say the least, subtle. The D60 shares its body with the D40X and most of their specifications are identical. The D60 adds a two-pronged method for combating dust accumulation on the sensor - a system to shake dust from the sensor and another channel dust away from the sensor in the first place.

Other than this, the D60 adds active d-lighting that helps maximize dynamic range by adjusting exposure to retain highlights then boosting shadows. It also adds a digital rangefinder that indicates subject distance when manually focusing lenses. A stop-motion mode lets the camera clump individual frames together as an animation - the first time we've seen this feature on a DSLR. At the cherry-on-the-top end of the new functions comes the addition of a sensor that turns off the screen when the camera is held up to the eye and a user interface that rotates when the camera is upended.

so basically its for stupid people... or canon users...

i nearly bited, but i didnt!

you cant get me that easily!

D

dick

If , only slightly kicker is the 3fps, could have done with a 4 or 5.

cant really go that high, thats one of the things the d300 has over the entry levels. 6fps of that at £1200ish (ok and other things, weather sealing etc)
compared with say 5fps at 500 inc kit lens.

and the d80 which is still above the d60 with 3 fps
having more than 3 fps on a camera below the d80 would have been madness

although the lack of live view is surprising to be honest.
maybe a bit later an addition of liveview such as d60x or something?

so, 350d Vs d40
400d Vs d60
450d vs D80
Have i got that right?

40d vs d300 sort of... big price differential though isnt it. Im a canon dude, but il hold my hands up and say the d300 pisses over it. the weather sealing has it, and the 8fps... and a few other bits, :( never mind.

Last edited by a moderator: