ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nimbus 197 - First most best looking hatchback ever [factual content]

I saw one in RL again today and OMG they are such a good looking car. Properly properly nice machines. Definitely the best looking hatchback ever made ever. No question about it. The perfect blend between menace and understatement. What a colour! It suits the 197 so well and makes it look like it was hewn from a solid billet of alpha.

It makes my heart cry to think what Renault fitted it with a gimp mask and fake exhaust pipes, and then came up with an RE (r****d Edition) that has blue wheels and double white lines painted on the steering wheel. They're on a slippery slope in terms of styling. 197 was the pinnacle, and Nimbus was the pinnacle of 197s.

I beamed at the driver and gave him the thumbs up, but he was too busy checking out my heap to notice. He didn't snap his neck though.

Don't discuss. This is not open to debate. It is a statement of F.A.C.T. Could someone with teh permissionz please lock this thread with a suitable video. Thanks.

Bai.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
An amazing colour. The man deserves an award.

The design team on the 200 need shot.

The lacks of pics in this thread is verging on infractionzzzz!

r27_1.jpg

100_2325.jpg

No fogs, hero!

3329s7s.jpg

2d2exw0.jpg

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
They do look good with the F1 stuff but normal 197s don't look that great IMO

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Dunno, in un-cupped form with silver wheels it looks too mundane for me. I also think in the UK its wasted as it looks dull 99% of the time.
White is the heroes choice iirc

R26
IMO the nimbus 200's look alot better. I think the 197 front end is boring personally.

But yeah, love nimbus :)

By boring, do you mean styled by someone who knows how to design cars? The 200 gimp mask is so fussy, with so many conflicting details, curves and joins, that I wonder how...well...the mind boggles.

PMSL at them ditching xenons for the 200 because they couldn't be bothered to implement the washers into the new bumper. Downhill.

Maybe they asked the washer designer man to make some that didn't leak, and he just shrugged his shoulders. Onions FTW.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A grey 197.

Yawn.

Saw an FRP today, in the flesh, for the 1st time years. NOW that, was a proper looking hot hatch.

Hai gally

:eek:

You don't quite grasp from the pics how much presence it has until you see it in person. Glad someone else has seen one. ;)

I've seen a couple of FRP and they are amazing, but personally I view them more as coupe than a hatchback. I realise that is technically inaccurate but meh.

PS. dk saw a few on his way to work this morning.

Turbo LY R27
Nimbus HAS to be an R27 to look good imo. Does look nice in the sun, still prefer other colors tho. Simo looks very good with photoshop lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's not, it is a coupe not a hatchback. You were right.

It's also a 2+2.

FRP aside, I was properly enthused by this Nimbus today. They are a stunning hatch. Snap more necks than dk's rolling no-more-nails advert. Extreme.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
DSC_0232.jpg

Standard ftw. Only option was nimbus back in 2006 :cool:

R27 is too fussy with the graphics IMO. Original, pure, clean... Virginal...

Nimbus R27
I think the darker anthracite wheels and red calipers look better against the nimbus on the R27 though IMO. I agree about the stickers though...I'm not a big sticker fan. I only have front & rear ones on mine. The sides aren't too bad, but the roof one makes me feel ill!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Standard = CACKA

R27 = ULTIMA p**n

Now, here's a thought............. anyone repainted a 1*2 in nimbus? They have a few lines to them, wonder if it would work with black rims too??

PHOTOSHOP REQUIRED

STUNNING car, seriously. although i are sure theres an apprieciation thread on here to them. that forgiegn chaps is stunning, not the RB in scot ;) (thats hot as funk) but the nimbus one in italy iirc.

I knew a boy who owned a Nimbus 197 cup with black Speedlines, stunning looking machine, which he then sold for a blue Corsa VXR.

I no longer speak to him, that's too high a level of stupidity for me to associate with.

Weo

I knew a boy who owned a Nimbus 197 cup with black Speedlines, stunning looking machine, which he then sold for a blue Corsa VXR.

I no longer speak to him, that's too high a level of stupidity for me to associate with.

LOL.

LY 200
Nimbus HAS to be an R27 to look good imo. Does look nice in the sun, still prefer other colors tho. Simo looks very good with photoshop lol

Really? I prefer it with the R27 toys, no stickers and Speedlines personally.

clio197.jpg

036-1.jpg

Mines grown on me but i would hardly call it the best looking hatch ever made.