ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

no air coming thru vents, HELP!!!

'51, 172
got in my car this morning after work and the blowers aren't working, all the lights work when i press the buttons but no air at all is coming out of the blowers, when i turn the ignition halfway there is a noise coming from underneath the bonnet behind the headlight on the drivers side, sounds a bit like an hamster running on a wheel:S, can anyone shed some light on this problem for me?

thanks

Focus RS mk1
resistor pack has gone, under the scuttle panel drivers side held in by 2 6mm bolts and has a loom to it with a big plug. £99 new

BMW M135i
Yep it'll be the speed control pack for the heater fan, very common thing. Thing on the right of this pic with 5 wires going to it.

17102007242.jpg

BMW M135i
Not really but thats what your after anyway. Part number is 77 01 051 272 but it might have changed by now.

The non CC models use a resistor pack as they only have 3 fan speeds, the CC models use a PWM control pack to give you the 8 speeds. So its not actually a resistor.

'51, 172
are they the same part on both the 182 and 172? because there is a 182 breaking on ebay, thanks

Titanium Clio 182
I just had this problem BUT its not the pack so I have a spare resistor pack now.

Selling for 40 if anyone wants one. Its for the 182 also.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Word of warning, failing to fix this causes alternator death.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
They don't, but a broken controller causes electrical issues

'51, 172
could this be the noise coming from the left side of the engine which i mentioned in my OP? is that where the alternator is located?

Titanium Clio 182
what did the problem turn out to be please?
Oh sorry, worded that totally wrong, should have put I have this problem. My blowers still don't work. To test if its your resistor pack i was told to short together pins 1 and 5 on the connector that connects to the blower pack. If the vents go on full then your fan/motor is fine, if nothing happens then your motor is tits and its not the resistor pack.

I bet you its a right pain in the arse to get the fan out. Knowing my luck i will have to remove the engine to get the fan out haha.

DMS

A thirsty 172
To test if its your resistor pack i was told to short together pins 1 and 5 on the connector that connects to the blower pack. If the vents go on full then your fan/motor is fine, if nothing happens then your motor is tits and its not the resistor pack.

That's how I confirmed mine had died after following advice someone had posted on CS. It worked a treat.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Sorry, my resistor pack.
I guess that to test the motor, all you'd need to do is wire up a live electrical feed to it and see if it turns.