ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NO claims bonus TPFT

Clio rt 1998 1.4
Im looking to start on my own insurance policy this monday as insurance has went down quite drasticly. Im 19 years old and own a 1.4 clio. My question is I am going to be the main driver and policy holder of my new insurance but can I still earn NO claims bonus going through TPFT? A quick search on the net says yes but ive always been told different. Main reason for policy change is me wanting to earn my NO claims bonus but if i can earn them without going fully comp this would be perfect! Thanks!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
As said, FC is 'normally' cheaper but TPFT might be a better option if the car in question isn't worth all that much.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Fully Comp is cheaper nowadays pal.

Something to do with insurers realising that most new and unexperienced drivers go for TPFT so they bumped up the price. Doesn't really make sense. Just make sure you get quotes for both FC and TPFT to make sure your not paying extra for less.

Clio rt 1998 1.4
ive checked both and TPFT is £240 a year cheaper than fully comp so i will be going for TP so long as i can still earn no claims without being fully comp

C1 VTR (Company Car)
ive checked both and TPFT is £240 a year cheaper than fully comp so i will be going for TP so long as i can still earn no claims without being fully comp

What companies have you checked though? Don't use comparison sites, go direct to the company. Theres a million different insurers out there. There will always be one willing to go a bit cheaper if you haggle with quotes you've already recieved.

MR2 Mk1.5
TPFT is a lower level of cover, therefore should be cheaper. With the birth of price comparison sites working from hateful statistics, some insurers now change more for TPFT than Comp cover.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Tel: 03303 331250

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
What companies have you checked though? Don't use comparison sites, go direct to the company. Theres a million different insurers out there. There will always be one willing to go a bit cheaper if you haggle with quotes you've already recieved.

Urm what are you on about? I went direct to greenlight and pay £280 extra to be fully comp.

Ford Mustang 5.0
With us TPFT is definately cheaper than comprehensive. Its definately worth looking at TPF+T for vehicles worth under £2500 and also for drivers with lowere levels of NCB. It can be a good way to get the premium down.

Its worth investigating both options as you may be suprised as to how much you can save by going TPF+T.

You would still earn an NCB as well on.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000