ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

no claims help

clio 172 cup
ive currently got a clio cup but im going self employed and need a van, is there anyway i can put the no claims on both insurances?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
ive currently got a clio cup but im going self employed and need a van, is there anyway i can put the no claims on both insurances?

You wont be able to use ur current NCB if it is in use.

Also if you are starting up as a business will a standard insurance policy cover you for work use?

You maybe best looking for specific insurance policy/broker that can advise you better on this.

A broker maybe able to look at your current NCB and offer you a discount as such etc...
But as it stands you wont be able to borrow ur existing NCB.

clio 172 cup
im just thinking if i decide to keep my car the insurance is going to be massive without any no claims because i'll need them for the van.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
im just thinking if i decide to keep my car the insurance is going to be massive without any no claims because i'll need them for the van.

If a standard policy will cover you for usign it for work....
Then why not go online such as Tesco.com and try a multi car policy quote?

You get to use your NCB on 1 car then the second wont have the NCB BUT it has an equivelent discount that may help...

320d
You CAN use your NCB on two policies providing that the insurer lets you do this. Directline for example allow NCB matching onto a second vehicle.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
You CAN use your NCB on two policies providing that the insurer lets you do this. Directline for example allow NCB matching onto a second vehicle.

NO, what you describe above is a multicar policy with the same insurer!!

And even then they are not using your NCB but simply a discount which is applied and not to the full value of the NCB you have.

As i said, Tesco, directline and most major insurers offer this.

But you cant be with Tesco and go use the same NCB being used say with DirectLine etc...