ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No Claims Scam

Just been looking at quotes for insurance and i have no no claims (Not been driving a year). thing is i typed in my details to see what it would be if i had 2 years no claims (Alot cheeper) and then it asked me if i wanted to buy the insurance and asked for credit card details to pay.

Do they actually check the no claims thing, if so, how?

Sy

Lee

BMW M2C

You have to send them proof of no claims from your previous insurer. This is usually your renewal notice.

Dont even consider doing that.

don't

they would write to you and say u needed to produce proof of the no claims

if you havent got it your screwed, theyd either cancel the insurance or charge you shed loads more for it

no chance of getting away with it

Lee

BMW M2C

They will cancel the cover if they dont receive proof within a set time period. Mine once got lost under a pile of paperwork and they blamed me, then someone found it on there desk.

I was very worried as Id not been insured on a private car for over 2 years so that was my only proof.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

i have never made a claim.... but i have never been asked for proof of my no claims.... odd as ive been driving for 12 years....

Im a bit worried now.. better start tracing back all those past insurers :(

Scooby STi, FiestaST

like i said ive never been asked... but i think that sometimes they ask for previosu insurer.. so they must get info from them.

RS4

there is a no claims bonus scam, but it will work if you are lucky,

a friend of mine did it with an insurance company, he had no ncb but he told the insurance company that he had 3 years, they didnt ask for proof so after the one year he was with the insurance company, he requested his proof, and they give him a piece of paper telling him he has four years ncb:devilish:

i personally never try it though its dodgy as fook.

don't

however if u ever need to make a claim they then might check it and if u dont have any or youve lied then your fooked, same as not declaring a long list of mods

Volvo S60 D5

Ive never been asked for proof of NCB.. ever.

But they WILL ask you if you make a claim, or have a claim made against you. Not worth scamming.

Lee

BMW M2C

I dont understand how you lot have never been asked.

Every time Ive taken out insurance they send a self addressed envelope with the policy in which I have to send my renewal from my previous insurer to show proof of NCB. Maybe they are only really bothered if you have full and want to protect it.

Volvo S60 D5

No I dont have anywhere near full!

Im not yet 21.

Have never been asked and Ive insured bikes since 16 and cars since 17.

wot if you worked for an insurance company and could get a headed all lookin good letter with renewal and all that on send it to your insurance and hey presto you have proof,

(ps i would not/never try this and not advising ne1 to do so)

Volvo S60 D5

Quote: Originally posted by Davehughes on 18 May 2005
wot if you worked for an insurance company and could get a headed all lookin good letter with renewal and all that on send it to your insurance and hey presto you have proof, (ps i would not/never try this and not advising ne1 to do so)

Yeah but they can check - proof will always have policy numbers and contact details of the previous insurers.

I always get given proof, but never have to send it anywhere. I keep it incase they decide to randomly ask me for it!

Quote: Originally posted by Davehughes on 18 May 2005
wot if you worked for an insurance company and could get a headed all lookin good letter with renewal and all that on send it to your insurance and hey presto you have proof, (ps i would not/never try this and not advising ne1 to do so)

I hope to f**k you are kidding.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 18 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by JoelDee on 18 May 2005

LOL @ this thread
Agreed, maybe I should post a thread "Is Burglary OK?"
Hey, its only illegal if someone finds out right?

Quote: Originally posted by Rick on 19 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 18 May 2005Quote: Originally posted by JoelDee on 18 May 2005 LOL @ this thread [/QUOTE]Agreed, maybe I should post a thread "Is Burglary OK?"[/QUOTE]Hey, its only illegal if someone finds out right?

erm that will be a no