ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No claims... What?

Just spoke to a woman at an insurer since i'm moving from the Clio to an Astra, and she says the 2 years no claims I have on the Clio doesn't apply to the Astra it starts again from scratch? Like what? I didn't know no claims stuck to the car not the driver.

Anyone shed some light on this? In my eyes if I have driven safely for the past 2 years and no claims that applies to me not the car I am driving, the car doesn't drive itself?

What?

As long as you're not starting a new policy with the Clio one running?

You can't use the same no claims twice you see.

Ahh, that's probably what she meant. She asked who was I insured with, I said currently Elephant with a Clio that's when she was talking on about you can't have the no claims on both cars. I think I get her now.

Last edited:
Yeah. Very occasionally you'll get lucky and find a policy that will "mirror" the NCD. Otherwise, 2 cars = two policies and you can only use it against one.

306 GTI-6
Did you not ask the woman about this when she said it?

Also, are you insuring the astrs before you have it?

As I cant post in your other thread, and this is a genuine question, did none of the cdti astras at the same garage appeal to you. Look the sane, cheaper to buy, more poke, and probably handle just the same.

Yeah. Very occasionally you'll get lucky and find a policy that will "mirror" the NCD. Otherwise, 2 cars = two policies and you can only use it against one.

Ahh sweet

We can look to 'mirror' your NCB if it is currently in use.

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

Cheers mate, I am getting rid of the Clio so will only have one policy :) That's why it confused me

Did you not ask the woman about this when she said it?

Also, are you insuring the astrs before you have it?

As I cant post in your other thread, and this is a genuine question, did none of the cdti astras at the same garage appeal to you. Look the sane, cheaper to buy, more poke, and probably handle just the same.

I saw this one, loved it, got it. I didn't really look at what other cars where there it was also cheaper to insure most of the other cars wernt sub 7K

306 GTI-6
Ahh sweet

Cheers mate, I am getting rid of the Clio so will only have one policy :) That's why it confused me

I saw this one, loved it, got it. I didn't really look at what other cars where there it was also cheaper to insure most of the other cars wernt sub 7K

On the website of the harage you are buying from, there are several sub £6000 cdti astras for sale, they all look the same, and are probably better spec.

I know you have made your choice, buy ypu obviously didnt even look around one garage properly, let alone further afield.

MR2 Mk1.5
Oh, this is interesting I had no idea that Sky offered this. The case for a daily barge and weekend toy builds lol!

It's a very useful tool. I use it myself, NCB on the daily driver, mirrored on my weekend toy.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Ollie whilst your here, how do I go about getting club insurance? Since im a paid CS member and have an Astra would I qualify? I wouldn't mind getting a quote from yourselves on it. Do I ring up and ask for Car Club insurance?

MR2 Mk1.5
Ollie whilst your here, how do I go about getting club insurance? Since im a paid CS member and have an Astra would I qualify? I wouldn't mind getting a quote from yourselves on it. Do I ring up and ask for Car Club insurance?

Hi,

ideally for us that Astra needs to be a performance model or be modified, your club membership of CS will suffice.

When you speak to us, you'll be asked how your heard about us, please state CS.

Thanks