ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No comunication to the airbag ecu

clios
I have just got a 2004 1.2 clio that has the airbag light on, I have plugged my code reader that normally reads airbags fine ( does on my other clios) .
I think who ever sold the car new there where problems, when i originally got the car all the light where on on the dash but i found a plug disconnected on the dash once the plug is reconnected it left the airbag light on !
I have disconnected the airbag ecu and found it had some liquid in it, i have bought another ecu but it made no difference.
The light on the dash doesnt go out at all, doesnt even go through test when the car is started.
I have read the info on airbags on this site which is great but i cant get any ideas, I have checked the socket for broken wires for what i can see, and cleaned it but no improvement ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The light is on because there is a fault somewhere on the system.

I would take the car somewhere that has CLIP access and have then run a network test firstly and go from there as you're not going to fix this without some proper equipment I'm afraid.

We're in Nottingham if that helps?

Mick

clios
I found the fuse was missing from the fuse box, I now have communication it has P350c fault code which is crash data stored, so i need to get the ecu cleared.

FF Clio 182
From what I remember I don't think they can be cleared. Other option would be to get an airbag ECU from a non crashed car. But you will have to check all the pretensioners haven't been deployed or they will need replacing

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Officially the crash context data cannot be cleared but you can have someone (eBay is a good source for this service) who can rewrite the code so it doesn't contain the context data. I believe this costs around £25 but I've seen some come back with completely incorrect configurations (i'm guessing they're using a generic config file to reflash).

clios
Thanks for the reply, I have done this on another Clio as you say ebay is the easiest and cheapest source, Hopefully i get the right person but i have only got there feedback to go by !