ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No gearbox

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Last night i was driving home from a mates with no problems atall! Until i come to a junction were i had to stop. When pulling away from the junction it was fine through first but when i shifted to 2nd and released the clutch the car just rev'd. I tried changing through the gears but still there was no power getting to the wheels. When pulled over i could select every gear even reverse without using the clutch but still would not move!!! Can all cs members please help.
Thanking you in advance!!
Cal

Clio 182
release bearing?

amazing the amount of people who don't change this when their changing their clutch!

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Could be this, but surely he shouldn't be able to select gears without the clutch?, not all of them anyway?

Megane r26
when i had this problem on the one i was repairing you could put it in first an let clutch up an leave it nothing would happen no stall or anything

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
try and drive off as normal if the speedo goes up through the gears then its the circlip failed in the box easy fix

clio 172 corsa turbo300hp
hi mate the same thing happend to me last week and it was my spacer and circlip in the gear box its only £8 for the 2 of them from renault easy to fix took me 20 mins

hi mate.It could be the clutch or the gear box has gone i don't think it is the release bearing because you wouldn't t be able to engage any gear.

cheers

Megane r26
your best stripping the passenger side shaft out then you will know for certain if its the circlip an washer but it deffintley sounds that way from my past experience

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Thanks to all who replied your help has been very greatfull. I will strip the passenger side shaft down as the majority have said and will let you all know how i get on
Cheers guys :D
Cal

Megane r26
also put ya fingers inside box cause i had to fish the bits out off circlip an washer but certainly sounds like it is the circlip an its a cheap quick fix :)

Megane dci 130
When you do put the new shim and circlip in it might not stay in for long. Normally its new box time.

Megane r26
When you do put the new shim and circlip in it might not stay in for long. Normally its new box time.

I was told this when I was carrying out this job on a mk 1 valver but I was informed that if this was the case I should pop a couple of spot welds round the circlip but like I said I didn't have any further probs once done