ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No inbuilt email client in Windows 7?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Seems a little strange as to why MSoft has pulled the plug on Outlook Express? I know there are better email clients out there, but OE was a small, quite useful and inbuilt email client.

Oh well, looks like Thunderbird will be getting another try. ;)

D.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Probably due to an EU ruling tbh - dam European Union.. they cause more trouble than good.

You can still get OE (although its called Live Mail or something like that now), just go on http://download.live.com/wlmail

James

P.S. Thunderbird is better :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
OE was s**t, and never useful :p

Thanks for the outstanding input. Here.....

mp5_sd3.gif

.....have an MP5 and go and do something useful. ;)

Probably due to an EU ruling tbh - dam European Union.. they cause more trouble than good.

You can still get OE (although its called Live Mail or something like that now), just go on http://download.live.com/wlmail

James

P.S. Thunderbird is better :)

I did like that the last few times I used it. It did seem a little limited on the rules though compared to OE. Probably why I always ended up going back to OE. :)

D.

SLK250 CDI
Windows Live Mail is the evolution of Windows Mail/OE apparantly - part of Windows Live Essentials that you can download from 7.

tiTTy & SV650
so if you download windows live will it work with hotmail acounts?

I'm awaiting my windows 7 upgrade at the mo :cool:

Clio 182
I missed Outlook express because i found the newsgroup reader to be good, so i installed it into Windows XP Mode that you can download and run inside Windows 7 (if you have the better versions of 7)