ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No more 12 month tariffs ?

Skoda Fabia vRS
when did this happen ?

im due for renewal late October i think, so just having a quick browse around and i cant find any 12 month contracts on O2, and Orange seem to have changed their prices and only show 12 month tariffs for new customers

debating weather to stay with vodafone, was going to switch to o2 but no one seems to do decent 12 month tariffs anymore

although this could sort me right out as i use a lot of minutes

* 1200 UK minutes and 1000 UK texts each month
* Plus unlimited O2 to O2 calls Bolt On or change this for your choice of promotional Bolt On
* Free voicemail and cheaper roaming rates with International Traveller Service (ITS)
* Browse the internet on your mobile for up to £1 per day
* Free itemised online billing

£45 per month but it is an 18 month plan unfortunatly

R35 GTR
I am gonna just go for the 1 month sim only contracts when my current 18 month contract runs out, I really dont want to be tied into a company like this anymore it's starting to get silly with 24 month contracts.

Ages ago o2 told me that they were phasing them out as they didn't make any money in the forst year of the contract.

I've always been on a 12 monther, till last october when it was up. I didn't take an upgrade (thought I could get it later on) they said not, so according to them i've just been rolling along for the past 10 months or so.

Tbh i'm not getting the best for the money as I never use the minutes up, I was considering pay as you go, but that's pikey.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
^Same. I caved and now i'm shackled to an 18 month contract. At least they matched the internet price for me though.

I currently pay about £45 a month for what was anytime 500, tbh it's a rubbish tariff 500min & I think 400 texts, none of which I really need.
During the day I use the work phone. I never have to really call folk at night. I may aswell pike it up on pay as you go.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'm with 3 . Just got my upgrade 10 months into my contract , Nokia N95 8gb , 500 mins and 3100 texts on a 12 month contract for £11.00 a month :) So yeah , there are still 12 month contracts to be had ;) But most try and push you into 18 month contracts now .

Never above 25mpg
18 month contract are being pushed because they can offer you cheaper deals and you'll stay with the provider longer to stop them being beaten by competition etc etc..
I think 24 month contracts are available too but thats just ridiculous :p

ITB'd MK1
had 18 month contracts for last 3-4 years but upgrade was always available after 12. They wouldn't do it this time round, 18 months is up in 2 weeks and i'm just going to let it roll over so not stuck in a contract, reduce my tarriff, and buy a phone outright. Works out loads cheaper for me.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Im on o2, 18mnth unlimited texts for £15 a month, i pay for any calls on top and as i dont usually call it makes sense for me, as i was spending £30 a month on P&G for the unlimited texts.

BMW 330D
I renewed my contract a couple of months ago, 12 months, i wont renew again if they wont do a 12 month one.

yesterday i got my rental down to 4.99 from 17.99 on my t-mobile contract and its started today on a 12 month contract. cheap rental for 750min.. not bad hey.. this is only because they didnt want to lose me as their customer. :)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
it's stupid but the only thing that bothers me about 18 month contracts is the fact i have to wait longer for the upgrade, if i could upgrade every 6 months i wouldn't really care tbh