ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No more waving for me

TrackCar & F30 330d
I recon there are around 8 (maybe more) clio sport in Aylesbury where i live.
About a week into getting my Clio i was flashed on the way back from work by another 182 coming the other way, so i gave him/her a thumbs up, which was nice.
Since then wheneva i'v see a Clio Sport I'v flashed my lights or thrown a thumbs up. But no one smiles, flashes or waves back. First couple of times i was like arrrrr they must not have seen me or something. But now i'm thinking i must have been black listed, and everyone has been told not to look happy when they see me. Or all of these clio owners must not be a member of this forum.
So for now untill someone spots me i'm gona give the waving a rest lol.

Meg 230 R26 F1
been driving a ph1 172 around aylesbury/thame for just over a year now and am yet to receive a wave/flash/horn anything...so i gave up a long time ago

(maybe i look like a miserable cnut when driving)

RB 182
Do people actually wave? Maybe they're like me, and think id look stupid waving at randoms lol, might have to make the 1st move!

Black Gold Trophy
To be fair there's some ignorant tw@ts out there that own clio sports, who have no interest in joining the forum. why would you not want to know more about the car you own? thankfully most the people who own clio sports are quite cool.
Main reason I cant go for certain cars is I wouldnt want to be associated with the other w@nkers who drive them!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
I actually got my second initiated-by-them wave today! Was a black 172 in Bath.

I usually wave/flash and get nothing/stared at in return, but keep the faith, its sweet when you get the acknowledgement! Ha ha

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I have found that when I spotted ppl in the Williams there was an extra level of comaradarie and fellow drivers felt happy to get flashed and wave back with a smile on their face. Was bloody rare to spot a fellow Williams driver though.

However, when I flash ppl in the 172 or wave they just look puzzled.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I normally let onto to any I see. I pass an arctic blue 182 everyday, but he's just a miserable cnut.

The ones I don't get are when they have a sparkling-clean motor or one that's nicely modded and they just look at you blank. I mean, they clearly have a vested interest in their car and yet can't seem to understand why you have let onto them.

The only explanation I have is that its not their car! ;)

D.

Current ride - my Adidas!
I think alot of less observant motorists than our good selves wouldnt even recognise a car as being the same as theirs tbh. They prob stop in the next lay by to check their lights n tyres :D