ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No power to stereo, help please!

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Hey people :)

My head unit (sony CDX-F7750) has been losing it's settings on a regular basis for months now, so yesterday I decided to pull it out and see if something was loose or something. Everything seemed fine, so I put it back in and now it doesn't work at all :(

Even the clock display bit on the dash isn't working anymore, but the cigarette lighter does so I know it's not the fuse (changed it anyway to be sure).

Someone please help cos I need my tunes!

6/468 17poo
you checked the fuse in the stereo too?change the yellow and red wires round for permenant live maybe, keep settings then for sure!

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Yeah changed fuse in the stereo, and tried the yellow and red the other way round but still nothing :(

BMW 330D
Ie check that your car battery is keeping its power etc. Do you have a trip computer? check that that is keeping the trip, mpg etc?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Yeah trip computer is working OK, no problems there, as far as I can tell it is literally just the stereo and the dash clock display that are dead. Can't find any loose wires in any of the car's stereo connectors tho.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Yep, replaced the 10A one in the stereo with a new 10A one, although there didn't seem to be any break in the old one anyway, and the one in the fuse box was a 15 I believe - I replaced it with one the same anyway.

clio 1.2 8v
i had this one mine, logged it down as a faukt on the ecu, took it to my dealers, got it plugged in and they sorted it

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I was thinking it may mean a trip to a dealer :(

Bloody horrible driving with no music, I keep thinking the car's making funny noises lol

have you checked every fuse inside and out,i found on a customers car there was no power to the radio once id fitted something and it wouldnt power up,check all fuses in engine bay and one had blown,doesnt say in manual its for radio,changed it and was sorted.Suggest you do that before you get bummed by renault

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I've noticed this morning that the interior light isn't working either, so will have a look at the fuses again, thanks for that :)

Are there any fuses any where other than the main box that I should be looking at?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Haven't got a multimeter, I think my brother does tho, maybe I can borrow that one

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
OK will have a go at that, do you know where the fuse box under the bonnet is located?

clio 182 black /gold
Turn the red and yellow cables around. This happened on my corsa. So yellow on the unit goes to the red on the harness and yelllow on the harness goes to the red on the car. One should be fused and with male and female connectors.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I got it working, thanks to all :)

It was the fuse for the interior light, replaced it and all is good now.