ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No power to Sub/Low Voltage

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
So I bought an active Sub (2nd hand) and wired it all up following instructions from multiple websites and YouTube videos. However the sub is not switching on or making any noise, I’ve tested the power wire and when the car is off and it’s reading 12V, but with the ignition on it’s reading 6V and the remote wire also reads 6V. In the manual it says that the remote should have at least 12V and I assume that the power should also, otherwise it wouldn’t be enough to power on the sub and amp. To get the remote wire I’ve had to splice into the blue/white wire on the back of the HU and I’ve tried with both it connected to just the sub and also plugged into the original loom but I get the same results. Ive tested the sub without the remote wire, supplying a constant 12V to the power terminal with no luck. I’ll add that I’ve tested the power wire from the battery before and after the fuse and both are supplying 12V. I might add that the ground point is not fantastic (seat mounting point sanded back) but I know it should be fine as I tested with a multimeter and it’s reading 12V with the power terminal.

Anyone got any suggestions? I’m not very good with electrics and this is the first time I’m trying something a bit more advanced like this. I’m using as a learning experience. Don’t want to assume that the sub isn’t working when it is, I’ve already spoken to the seller who assures me it’s working but if I can’t get it to work then we will try it with his wiring kit and then try a different sub in my car to work out where the problem lies.

TIA (sorry for the super long post)

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Did you run a remote from the battery or known 12v to the amp on to test that works?

Yeah I did try that, I’ve sorted it now though. Was a bad ground, even though it was bare metal. Grounded underneath the isofix bar bolt now, works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monaco 172
Sealtbelt bolts are notoriously bad for earthing, no idea why but most of the car audio forums im on say to stay well away and if possible always drill a hole and sand the paintwork to ensure a perfect ground

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Sealtbelt bolts are notoriously bad for earthing, no idea why but most of the car audio forums im on say to stay well away and if possible always drill a hole and sand the paintwork to ensure a perfect ground

Really odd. It’s bare metal so shouldn’t it be perfectly fine for a ground?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk