ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No spots and indicator fades

I recently used a Rug Doctor ( semi-wet vacumn) to clean all my upholstery. The next day the drivers side indicators start fading away after a few seconds, and I notice I have also lost my spotlights/foglamps. Seems too much of a coincidence..... is there some wiring somewhere that may have got wet whilst cleaning the seats or carpet that I can check.

I checked the relays and gave them all a squirt of electrical contact cleaner and still the same fault. I've now noticed that when the faulty indicator is trying to work there is a very faint buzzy sound each time it trys to indicate coming from somewhere up near the relays. Maybe from the black plastic box that sits in front of them.

Perhaps some moisture got into the box and is causing something to short across.

How easy is the box to remove, and what are my chances of fixing such a thing, or should I just take it to an auto-electrician.