ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No such thing as a free windscreen repair.

260% JCW
Just thought i'd post about my windscreen experience, thought i'd get a chip repaired on our old car rather than replace the screen as it was free. How wrong was i.

Although they don't charge you for the repair when you next re-new your insurance they class it as a claim. So you have to declare it, bumping my insurance up £90 for the year. f*****s.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Well, the bill for the windscreen repair has to go to someone. And your insurance company will pass that cost off onto you.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yeah, the con is that it doesn't affect your NCB (but affects YOU afterwards)!

Had this about 5 years ago when I was with Hastings...it was a chip, not even a crack, but wanted to sort it...just in case! Robbing Cnuts!

Clio 182
I never had this with Bell when I had some inconsiderate being chuck a stone through the rear window of my c2 a few years back! I paid the £50 excess and they covered the rest and there was nothing more about it on my renewal etc?