ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nobody seen the pure newsletter?

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I've just noticed the bump steer kit. Seems cheap. Is that new, too?

Cup In bits
Andrew Clio has had them fitted for a good while, the kit was developed on his car. Lovely stuff.

Yeah the bump steer kit is new Mike, not sure how useful it's range of movement is on the 172/182 hubs. @pure-motorsport

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
The bump steer on our development hog was surprisingly bad with the standard track rod ends and the kit has made a big difference. On bumpy corners it no longer needs any steering corrections - it just goes where you want it to.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Why Nick... WHY!!???!!

I've told the wife that I'm not spending anymore money on the Clio this year other than wear & tear items. Adjustable wishbones and bumpsteer kit is NOT in that category no matter how I spin it to her.

[Shakes fist in anger]

Cup In bits
The bump steer on our development hog was surprisingly bad with the standard track rod ends and the kit has made a big difference. On bumpy corners it no longer needs any steering corrections - it just goes where you want it to.

That was on laguna hubs though right? Their steering arm is in a completely different place. Basically what I'm asking is; will it be worth while fitting to the cup racer suspension setup and also will it have the range of movement to rectify the bump steer on a lowered 172/182 which is otherwise standard?

Bozohunter the laguna hubs use a tapered pin type bottom ball joint where a nut secures onto the ball joint itself and the 172/182 hubs have a parallel pin with a split clamp built into the hub and a bolt/nut that holds it together.

The laguna hubs are much better for using roll centre correction pins and the fact they are beefier in every way including bearing compared to the standard hubs. They still retain the same calliper spacing and disk off set so everything from the 172/182 is interchangeable onto them except the track rods which require a bush pressed into the steering arm on the laguna hub to accept the Clio track rods. These bushes can be bought at r-sport if you want to do a set yourself or Pure are selling reconditioned laguna hubs ready to go.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Indeed - I'd be interested in the roll centre kit for standard 182 hubs.

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
That was on laguna hubs though right? Their steering arm is in a completely different place. Basically what I'm asking is; will it be worth while fitting to the cup racer suspension setup and also will it have the range of movement to rectify the bump steer on a lowered 172/182 which is otherwise standard?

Bozohunter the laguna hubs use a tapered pin type bottom ball joint where a nut secures onto the ball joint itself and the 172/182 hubs have a parallel pin with a split clamp built into the hub and a bolt/nut that holds it together.

The laguna hubs are much better for using roll centre correction pins and the fact they are beefier in every way including bearing compared to the standard hubs. They still retain the same calliper spacing and disk off set so everything from the 172/182 is interchangeable onto them except the track rods which require a bush pressed into the steering arm on the laguna hub to accept the Clio track rods. These bushes can be bought at r-sport if you want to do a set yourself or Pure are selling reconditioned laguna hubs ready to go.
^^this is why we use Laguna hubs^^ Well said!!
We've fitted the bump steer kit to a standard Clio and Laguna uprights - we use the same bump steer kit on the clio and laguna uprights but the clio uses the large spacers and shims at the top and the laguna uses the small spacers and shims at the top. Anything that allows you to tune the bump steer is beneficial and they should work on pretty much any set up and wide track too.

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
Why Nick... WHY!!???!!

I've told the wife that I'm not spending anymore money on the Clio this year other than wear & tear items. Adjustable wishbones and bumpsteer kit is NOT in that category no matter how I spin it to her.

[Shakes fist in anger]

I hope you've got throttle bodies as well otherwise you're going to be a poor man indeed!

Cup In bits
We've fitted the bump steer kit to a standard Clio and Laguna uprights - we use the same bump steer kit on the clio and laguna uprights but the clio uses the large spacers and shims at the top and the laguna uses the small spacers and shims at the top. Anything that allows you to tune the bump steer is beneficial and they should work on pretty much any set up and wide track too.

Thank's for that, another bit to be buying from you's :rolleyes:.

What's the range of movement (from min to max if you have the figures?) with your new strut mounting tabs? I like this as I can do camber changes while sat on the ground.