ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise Around The AUX Area

120d M-Sport
Hi guys.

For the past 3 weeks or so my car has been making a noise when started from cold in the morning, Sometimes its quite loud but in the video am adding it cant be heard as much for some reason.

Once warmed up though the noise disappears :S

Anyone have any idea what it could be?

Heres the video...

Cheers guys! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
  120d M-Sport
Bump

Anyone know what it could be? Its got a little louder recently but the noise disappers when full temp :S

172 cup 10/04/10>
i have a similar whine on my cup, iv put it down to water pump bearings or alternator, its been ok for ten months, a ew sports iv heard are similar, mine doesnt go away when warm though and isnt that loud that it concerns anyone else iv asked to listen to it, (daf techs at work)

just annoys me n me only lol, ill sort it soon:cool:

Clio 172mk2
whats it like under revs when cold, and when engines upto temp. Mine was like this then eventually dephaser went

120d M-Sport
Cheers for the responces guys! Sadly my 172 wasnt purchased with this noise, it only began after i had it 4months or so! Basically like a loud chirping sound from the AUX area :/

@Biojo when i rev it when cold the chirping sound just gets a little quicker but doesnt affect the car or anything, it seems to run great still! Just the noise is starting to get a bit more annoying now but when up to temp the noise is gone! Just cant understand it! Gonna book it in at NWPerformance soon for Cambelt, Aux and Dephaser despite having a rebuild at the beginning of the year it was done quite shoddy by some clowns called Autotune in blackpool. Needless to say im having every last bit sorted by NWP asap.