ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise from passenger side , gearbox / diff 🤔

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
So ive been trying to resolve the noise i can hear from passenger side. Swapped a hub and a driveshaft and the noise is still present so to me im either unlucky or its gearbox/ diff related. Can't hear it so much with the car on idle 😫.

Definitely passenger side only you can hear it.

I was sold the box from a guy breaks clios who apparently drove the car home 🤔

Attachments

• 20221006_161420.mp4
    28.9 MB

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Have you fitted PH1 Shaft on the nearside ?
No idea, i bought a pair of second hand driveshafts buddy with the red shell. Pretty sure both driveshafts off my iceberg went on the red build. How can you identify ?

Took it up the road and its not making bad noise like the otherday but still is some form of noise

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Appreciate ive built the car with having to source parts so possibly could be a ph1 which is shorter ? I would have to remove and compare it with the other driveshaft i swapped with

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Ph1 172 is shorter and is the one you need with a Gripper IIRC
I see , without removing the shaft again i'm not 100% sure but i did get the driveshafts with the red clio and that had some form of fancy diff in the gearbox, im thinking quaife as there is stickers on the shell 🤔