ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise on Full Lock

Clio 172
I have just done the front brakes tonight and have noticed that on full lock, both in neutral and in gear that it makes an awful noise.

It doesn't drive any different. I have had the cap off the power steering fluid and there is fluid there. I have also tried to bleed it - full lock to full lock in neutral with the cap off and it is still making the noise.

Any ideas? Im thinking the PAS pump may be on its way out....

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
How awful is awful? If its definitely the PAS pump. Change it if your willing to spend the ££ or leave it if your not. They're a bit noisy anyway.

Clio 172
It is just like a loud groaning on full lock if you hold it but as soon as you let go of the wheel it goes.

I have been getting a squealing belt on a morning too so thinking of just replacing the aux belt and see if that helps.

Clio 182
i had squealing/grinding noise which was minor at first then got worse - was pas pump. would just keep an eye on it, mines started only of full lock, then over time got worse

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
Most cars with hydraulic PAS make the noise your on about when held on full lock. If your belt squeaks on a morning then they're could be an aux belt tensioner issue. Id have that looked at though.