ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise Over 3000 rmp - is it normal?

Clio Sport 182
Hello guys

Well I am still a fairly new owner to my Clio 182 and have noticed a noise that I can't think was there when I bought the car. But maybe it has been there all this time.

I have noticed that this noise only comes about when the car is reved up and over 3k rmp.

I have just had my dad come out with me and he thinks its a sucking noise but the car does not have any kit on it. I think its more of a chokey sound but when driving it give a normal sound until you put your foot down that little bit further.

Any ideas???

Fabia vRS
A hissing sound when the engine is under load may indicate a leaking vacuum pipe somewhere.

RB R26.R
now mate.
got my 182 from evanshalshaw middlesbrough and i thought the same with mine, its like a suction noise.
took it in and they compared the two and said they couldnt find anything.
ive noticed mine 5000k now and nothing since has happened (fingers crossed)

Clio Sport 182
Update:

Had to change the exhaust as I was informed the standard exhaust was blowing.

Bought myself a new Milltek system but the noice remains.

I dont know if there is an issue with the down pipe leading to the centre box.

Would this cause the noice? How much are they to replace?

Any other ideas on what it could be (Noice is only noticable when driving and not when reving when stationary)??

Westy. MX5
Have you checked the 10mm. bolts holding the plenum chamber, could be leaking around around the inlet gasket.

Now Sold :-(
Any chance you could record the sound and post it up.
I know my 182 and the all the others I drove when looking to get one made a distinctive but hard to describe sound once the revs get into the 3-4k bracket. First time I drove a Clio 182 I thought it was the exhaust blowing only to find the same sound is made by every one I've ever driven.

182 Cup
I've just had my 182 back from a main dealer where I'd had the cam belt kit and aux belt kit done, a new dephaser and a service. Before it went in there was no noise but it now also has a distinctive noise when revved above 3000 rpm that wasn't there before. I know these cars have a particular sound when revved hard anyway but this is something else.

The only thing I can think to describe it as is when you blow between two pieces of paper or blades of grass.

hhh182 said:
now mate.
got my 182 from evanshalshaw middlesbrough ........ said they couldnt find anything.
Brave man, bunch of robbing b******s there. Second part doesn't surprise me, they'll find problems all day if you're paying but not a sausage if they are.