ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noises

Monaco 172 (5/468)
Bought my baby 4 week ago, really outstanding couldn't ask for a better car.
But i need a little help with a noise what ive just started to hear when i turn the ignition, Never heard it before until a couple of days ago, anyway here goes ive attached the file, please help

The clip is in 2 sections first you cant hear the noise inside the car on the file but i move under the bonet where it gets louder

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/annette.smith2/13082006.avi

B

Brown.

thats normal just engine priming or something.....solys....meh....m ine does the same then goes off...all normall

Monaco 172 (5/468)
had me a touch worried, i havent heard it before, this noise stays on all the time with mine.......... going back to the garage tomorrow to get it checked out. Hopefully something not to worry about

BMW M135i
Mine makes a similar noise albeit a bit quieter until I start it. Also makes all sorts of clicks and relay noises.

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi Johnny
My 04 reg 182 makes exactly the same noise, although it is getting worse. switched all fans and a/c off, still there. Appears to be coming from the throttle body although it resonates all over. Very annoying noise now but have not had chance to take mine in yet. Will be very interested to know what they say when you take yours in.

Monaco 172 (5/468)
No Chris, when the ignition is on but the engine not started the noise is there, it seems to go away some off the time when the car is started up and its coming from the top of the air filter shown in the picture.

14082006%5b1%5d.JPG

thats the tb mate. Normally if they are noisy a tap on the loud pedal make sit open and close then they tend to stop.

Pull the inlet hose off and see if theres a built up of oil, it should be spotless in there.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
i can hear it on mine also. i sounds more like an electrical noise. but renault told me its normal.

throttle body, where the throttle plate lives. The bit you photograped, the black bit houses the motor to open the throttle as its fly by wire.

Monaco 172 (5/468)
Car went in on Tuesday and all was fine, very good garage, didnt charge me a penny for checking it out, the pump was priming itself, and the noise inside the car was the fan you have along side your interior light to help your AC........ anyone else have this problem with a noisey roof fan ?

http://www.well-lane.co.uk/