ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noisy Gearbox?

Clio Grande 1.2
Im not sure if its me being me, but recently i was parked in my garage and put it in gear to leave and park, on doing so it sounded that my gearbox was really clunky?? Like abit noisyer than normal...... not sure if this is normal or not?

Thanks!! Im the worrying type!:dapprove:

There should be a plug, sort of looks like a sump plug on the underside of the gearbox. Undo that and see if any oil comes out

Clio Grande 1.2
Ok cheers mate ill have a look in the morning.... if it needs filling up how much do i need to put in and where do i fill it up from!!?!

You need to fill it through that hole until it all pours out....I know it sounds stupid but thats the only way of doing it lol

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
mine makes a clunk when i out it in 1st aswell is it just a case of toppin it up with oil?

mine makes a clunk when i out it in 1st aswell is it just a case of toppin it up with oil?

Worth checking you have to get the car on a level surface and try fill it with oil if it pours out its full.

Sounds like your is more a mounts problem though.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
You need to fill it through that hole until it all pours out....I know it sounds stupid but thats the only way of doing it lol

If you fill it up until its full, what happens when the oil heats up and expands? Where does it go?

If you fill it up until its full, what happens when the oil heats up and expands? Where does it go?

You don't fill the box with oil there air space in there the hole on the gearbox is about half the height of the box once oil come out the hole then the box has enough oil.