ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia 6230

E90
Just got a new phone ,my old nokia flipover keyboard text thingy's battery kept dying after 3 months, whats the 6230 like, it looks a bit boring and middle of the road but seems to have some good features, not really upto spec on my Mobys, hence not knowing the model number of my old one, LOL.

R.I.P 182
Hey princess! i have a 6230i, wicked phone!!! Good features, cameras good, mp3s, space for memory card, think mines an 8mb standard card, lotsa space for txtxs,mp3s, pics, etc..

Very basic phone TBH! menu icons look like they have been created by an 8 year old, small screen, camera pretty average, awful video recording. But saying that, its solid, you can replace the covers and if your not wanting to take many pics then its ok. standard card it 16mb i think which wont hold much at all!! seeing as most full length MP3's are around 3-5MB!

Ph2 172
My std card was 32mb. They are nothing special, but at the same time there is nothing wrong with them.

I've had mine a while and it's fine. Works well and does most of what you want.

E90
I aint a geek like clart, my phone needs to make phonecalls and thats about it, couldn't care less if it dont whistle the national anthem and take 6 hour videos. and it and my monthly 300 quid bills are free, which makes it all gravy

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
bless ur dutch ass. holland aren't exactly cutting edge are they. I bet the 6230's the best phone over there

Dutch 172 said:
I aint a geek like clart, my phone needs to make phonecalls and thats about it, couldn't care less if it dont whistle the national anthem and take 6 hour videos. and it and my monthly 300 quid bills are free, which makes it all gravy

then why buy a phone with a camera, video recording, memory card and bluetooth??!!

E90
no, I beleive all the kids want the latest phone, so they can look good in front of there mates in the playground, but i dont buy the phones, my company do, and they go for the sensible option, with the exception of that weird flippy batphone i used to have. I aint complaining, my mobile bill for the last 6 years is 12,000 euros thats 7,000 quid.

But u can get the latest 454 z 8347476 X or whatever they are called

Clio 197
Some of them have software issues afaik.

I had two in a row with the same sofware problems, so I went for a V3i in the end.

If you can get one of the newer ones with the newer software, then it should be good.

PS the batteries are great when new... but quickly deteriorate.

E90
cheers Oms, thats the reason behind me changing tbh, my old Bat phone thingy had two batteries in its short life, i'm stuck to Nokia cos of work, so its this or the new communicator, but its to big and TBH i wont need its functions that often. What software problems? so I know what to look out for?

Dutch 172 said:
cheers Oms, thats the reason behind me changing tbh, my old Bat phone thingy had two batteries in its short life, i'm stuck to Nokia cos of work, so its this or the new communicator, but its to big and TBH i wont need its functions that often. What software problems? so I know what to look out for?

try not to play anything too bassy through the phone.... the speaker is a bit weak... it went on my old one and had to get it replaced!

Renault Clio 16v
i got a 6230. i like it for its simplicity. robust too, have dropped it 100's of times and still all is good :D

Octavia VRS
^ true no matter how many times you drop it, it seems to work fine. Not a bad phone, does the job