ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N93

Citroen DS3 DSport
Nokia today introduced theNokia N93, the ultimate mobile device for spontaneous video recording. Offering uncompromised digital camcorder, telephony and rich Internet communication functionalities, the Nokia N93 features a 3.2 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics, DVD-like video capture and 3x optical zoom. You can connect the Nokia N93 directly to your TV for a widescreen movie experience or upload your images and video to online albums or blogs. Moreover, you can create high-quality home movies and burn them to DVD with the included Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 software.

"The Nokia N93 marks a new era in the digital camcorder market," said Anssi Vanjoki, executive vice president and general manager of Multimedia, Nokia. "Incorporating all the features you need for great quality movie-making, the Nokia N93 is a fantastic example of a multimedia computer with true digital camcorder performance at its core. Thanks to its connectivity, it allows you to immediately share the memories you've captured, taking the entire camcorder experience to the Internet age."

Intuitive and Spontaneous Capture
Offering the best mobile video and photography experience, the Nokia N93 is packed with exceptional camera features that enable high-quality photos and DVD-like quality video. Unfold and twist the main display, and the Nokia N93 is ready to shoot video and photos using the color landscape display as a full screen viewfinder. Whether special events or just fun, impromptu everyday life, you can capture moments conveniently and impulsively and share them with others as they happen.

Featuring MPEG-4 VGA video capture at 30 frames per second, the Nokia N93 delivers an unparalleled video experience with stereo audio recording and digital stabilization, enabling smooth and shake-free movies. The Nokia N93 incorporates a 3.2 megapixel (2048 x 1536 pixels) camera with a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens, 3x optical zoom and up to 20x digital zoom, as well as autofocus and close-up mode for amazing clarity and accuracy. Furthermore, the Nokia N93 has an active camera toolbar which displays all available capture features, from exposure value to color tones and white balance. There are dedicated keys for shutter, zoom and flash and also a camera mode key that enables you to switch quickly and easily between image and video capture.

The Nokia N93 features large internal memory of up to 50 MB, which can be further expanded with a hot swap miniSD card of up to 2 GB, allowing users to capture up to 90 minutes of DVD-like quality video or close to 2500 high-quality photos. Furthermore, you can easily transfer your photos and video from the memory card to a compatible PC for storage, and yet always carry a collection of your favorite resized images on the Nokia N93.

Joy of Sharing
Sharing your photos and video clips captured with the Nokia N93 is a snap. Show off your content on the up to 262,144 color 2.4" QVGA display (240 x 320 pixels) featuring a super-wide 160 degree viewing angle. Share your uncompressed photos and video clips instantly via email, Bluetooth technology or by uploading them directly from the Gallery to compatible blogs. You can even share your captured memories with family and friends on a large compatible TV screen, using either the included TV cable or wirelessly over integrated WLAN and UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) technology. Furthermore, from browsing the web to reading your emails and office documents, you can even play games on the Nokia N93 using the screen of your compatible TV.

Creativity Made Easy
While editing your photos and video clips directly on the Nokia N93 is simple, you can also easily transfer them to your compatible PC, allowing for more creative control over your video output. The standard Nokia N93 sales pack comes bundled with Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0, which makes it easy to import video clips, photos and music and to start experimenting with hundreds of transitions and effects, as well as create professional looking home videos with customizable templates. And to top it off, you can effortlessly burn those great home movies to DVD and export formats for Web streaming and email.

Multifunctional Mobile Computing and Connectivity
Part of the Nokia Nseries multimedia computer range, the Nokia N93 offers great functionality in one beautifully shaped connected device. Designed to work on WLAN, 3G (WCDMA 2100 MHz), EDGE and GSM (900/1800/1900 MHz) networks, the Nokia N93 provides broadband Internet access for browsing, uploading content, and sending and receiving emails, allowing you to stay connected on the move. You can also set the device on a surface, flip the display horizontally and use the landscape screen to browse the Web, watch TV* over 3G networks, or make hands-free video calls*.

All Round Entertainment
The Nokia N93 includes a stereo FM radio and a digital music player that offer a fantastic music experience. You can create playlists and enjoy your music hands-free via the speaker or use the stereo headset provided. With the Nokia Music Manager, you can also easily rip your CDs and transfer your music collection to your phone. In addition, you can store up to 1500 songs on your Nokia N93 with a separately available 2 GB miniSD card. You can also enjoy high-quality 3D games with the pre-installed N-Gage franchise System Rush: Evolution.

The Nokia N93, which is based on S60 3rd Edition software on Symbian OS, is expected to become commercially available in July 2006 with an estimated, unsubsidized sales price of approximately 550 euros

Citroen DS3 DSport
This pic gives a better idea of size

normal_07_n93_lowres.jpg

E90
If you call a number, does a person answer at the other end?? Yes, Ohhhhh its a telephone, just like mine then, thanks i was confused for second there. Geeks ;)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
poor david, he gets jealous cos this has only just come out in holland

A990720_O3210-BLACK_N.jpg

FFS, the N80 and N91 havn't come out yet, do I now wait another 2-4 months for these... grrr shouda got a free upgrade for 6 months whilst i waited....

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah I was waiting for the N91 but the N93 looks like a great phone, not sure what to do now.

N72 was also announced today and is included in my gallery. I didn't bother pasting the press release for the N72 but if anyone wants to read it then I'll include it here?

SLK 350
Clart said:
looks a bit big

Compared to a phone like the featureless V3 it probably is somewhat oversized. But compared to other products on the market with similar claims, i'd say it was on the small size.

Personally im looking forward to seeing Nokia's new N range.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
BluePete said:
FFS, the N80 and N91 havn't come out yet, do I now wait another 2-4 months for these... grrr shouda got a free upgrade for 6 months whilst i waited....

n91 is in stock at expansys. Available sim free or either on voda or o2 contract. n80 is expected tomorrow.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah I'd heard that the N91 was now available, I wish o2 online would hurry up and stock it.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Clart said:
well that made sense

Glad it wasn't just me who thought that then!

I'm not entirely sure what all the fuss is about with the n91, the hd is at worst a fragile component waiting to fail, and it's considerably worse looking than the n80 imho.

It'll be more interesting to see what the actual phone companies will be offering deal wise for the n80.

SLK 350
Wish people would rationalise what they say before they post it. Why do you assume that the HD will fail, products of all descriptions using microdrives have been perfectly reliable in the past and present - the iPod for example.

Failure rates on physical drives have been reduced drastically since the gen1 drives and for a company the size of Nokia to simply overlook HD reliability and testing is somewhat of an assumption - this will have been tested extensively, and given all its delays im pretty sure the phone will be as reliable as prior models.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
ozzyo99 said:
Wish people would rationalise what they say before they post it. Why do you assume that the HD will fail, products of all descriptions using microdrives have been perfectly reliable in the past and present - the iPod for example.

Hence the reason why I said "the hd is at worst a fragile component waiting to fail".

Give me solid state any day of the week.

Edit: Just to add, I can guarantee that the failure rates on the N91 will be higher than the N80.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
N91 for me but definately only on a 12 month contract as there are alot of new phones due within the next year.

SLK 350
Theorhetically you would expect this to be the case, but as i said if Nokia thought reliability would be a serious issue they would of canned the N91 a long time ago, its had longer than most phones to be tested.

It won't be any less reliable than phone XYZ.