ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N96 first time charge?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've just had my second N96 delivered due to the battery being faulty and only lasting a matter of hours from a full charge with little use. When i first got the phone i did charge it until it said, fully charged, unplug the charger but it was only within 7 hours or so..Orange have mentioned 16 hours but i cant see it in the manual?

Whats the best plan of action for a healthy battery? Just until it says or ignore and keep it plugged in?

I didn't think it was much of a problem with newer batteries. I've heard some say they don't need a long charge, some say 8 hours, some 16.

When I got mine I left it on charge overnight at first and its been fine.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well i got it at 9am. I'll leave it on charge until i go out tonight around 7..but really i want to take it out with me..

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Simple really, charge it until it says battery full.

Discharge is the key to begin with, then after 5-6 cycles chrange when you want.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, ta. So is it worth taking off charge now to flat tom then fully recharge?