ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non Cupped 182

Lotus Elise
Folks looking at buying a 182 the now and have seen a few non cup packed cars for sale.

Do people not want these as they seem to be for sale for ages?
They are obviously better value than FF cars or should I be more worried about condition at this age?

Also is there much noticeable difference driving wise between the two ( I know the cups have harsher springs but I would probably lower her anyway)?

Cheers.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely a lot less desirable, but I believe it's all fairly easily retrofitted if you want to go down that route. Personally I'd always want an FF 182 just so that it's easier to sell when the time comes.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Of the cup packed 182's there's probably very few still on cup suspension anyway. Springs like to snap and aftermarket ones are cheaper and easier to get hold of and you can fit non cup or cup 172 dampers anyway. Similarly the cup splitter will mostlikely have perished years ago and been replaced by a skoda splitter and lots of owners retro fitted a cup boot spoiler. The boot spoilers are getting expensive as the brake light in then is no longer available. I would buy on condition of the car and not worry about if it had the cup packs or not.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn’t say they are worth anyless to be honest, as said above. Mine doesn’t have cup suspension, but does the spoiler pack. I would completely buy on condition and history.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The Cup stuff is easy enough to retrofit, and to be fair the only thing you really want is the Cup rear spoiler. The front splitter for a Skoda is much cheaper and easier to find.

Alot of people fit aftermarket suspension anyway, so no reason to bother with Cup stuff.