ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non HD TV

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Some tv's especially big ones are just s**t with SD content. There's nothing you can do.

Actually there is something you can do, turn the sharpness setting down. Most people have it up way to much so it makes block artifacts appear

Fiesta ST
I wish Sky would just remove BBC 1 SD, ITV SD etc and replace them with HD versions just like they did with Sky1 HD.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Actually there is something you can do, turn the sharpness setting down. Most people have it up way to much so it makes block artifacts appear

That wont always solve your problem. Did you mean;

Sometimes if you turn the sharpness setting down it helps. Most people have it up way to much so it makes block artifacts appear

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
tbh, I think this has a lot to do with people just getting bigger tv's in the home.

I only got a 32 inch tv back in 2009 iirc... before that it was a 22 inch CRT back in 2006 and before that a 13 inch combo vcr/tv!

32 inch is now considered very small for a tv in the lounge.

no wonder SD looks s**t on some 46 inch beast.

Not noticed myself, SD still looks as it did a few years ago IMO. As said it's probably more down to the bigger screens and being used to HD.

Some of the channels are shocking quality, but I guess that's because of the bandwidth they pay for, mainstream are OK.