ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non Sport rear disc conversion.

Recently posted up that I span off a dual carriage way.. Ended up like this:

9971BECA-B709-4FCC-828F-E75F99171797.jpg

Anyway the curb I slammed over has now slightly bent my rear axle. Now giving me the perfect excuse to do a rear sport conversion. I can buy a whole 182 rear axle including all brakes discs pads etc for 120. My brothers childhood best friend is now a Renault senior mechanic so he can do all sorts with it.
question is, what exactly do I need? I've read tons of threads on it and it seems I need the handbrake cable off the sport. Anything else? I know a few of you on here have done this conversion yourself before.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Good rep, genuinely sat here thinking whys he converting a 182 to discs :s then I noticed your project thread!

Hahaha I get it all the time now. Recently went to a breakers to get sport xenons, rolled up and they approached me like "why do you need xenons surely you should already.. Ohhh! Looks identical to the real thing!"

sparklesTHEpony I just did this conversion to my car. The above guide has pretty much summed everything about the conversion.
Make sure the nipples on the Calipers are free before fitting the entire setup and having them snap on you! :banghead:
Im not sure if it was mentioned but you also need the brake lines & handbrake cables.

Ive used sport shocks and eibach sportlines and the rear end feels 100% more committed to the front. Definitely an upgrade I'd recommend.

Awesome rep btw! :approve:

@sparklesTHEpony I just did this conversion to my car. The above guide has pretty much summed everything about the conversion.
Make sure the nipples on the Calipers are free before fitting the entire setup and having them snap on you! :banghead:
Im not sure if it was mentioned but you also need the brake lines & handbrake cables.

Ive used sport shocks and eibach sportlines and the rear end feels 100% more committed to the front. Definitely an upgrade I'd recommend.

Awesome rep btw! :approve:

awesome mate! Did you have to fiddle around with buying the ABS stuff too? Pretty much just sourced the whole part but not sure on the abs situation!

Hmmm! We'll see what happens then! I'll get the parts and get them fitted by someone who knows what they're doing (I struggle changing a headlight bulb) soon.

Need to get it all sorted soon as the whole rear end is a nightmare.
both shocks leaked and useless.
rear tyres pretty much slick.
And rear axle has a nice ever so slight bend to it making me constantly need to correct my steering to keep me straight :) awesome haha.

Many.
I have a ph1 172 donor car so everything is coming of that so I've not got the ABS problem.

Hmmm! We'll see what happens then! I'll get the parts and get them fitted by someone who knows what they're doing (I struggle changing a headlight bulb) soon.

Need to get it all sorted soon as the whole rear end is a nightmare.
both shocks leaked and useless.
rear tyres pretty much slick.
And rear axle has a nice ever so slight bend to it making me constantly need to correct my steering to keep me straight :) awesome haha.

You'll both have to buy ABS sensors IMO. DCi 100/1.6 16v with discs.

The ESP sensors that the 1*2's run don't work with the non-sport ABS modules. All 1*2 sensors are the same too, weather it has ESP or not.

Sensors come to about £160 iirc.

You'll both have to buy ABS sensors IMO. DCi 100/1.6 16v with discs.

The ESP sensors that the 1*2's run don't work with the non-sport ABS modules. All 1*2 sensors are the same too, weather it has ESP or not.

Sensors come to about £160 iirc.

Exactamundo.

I didn't have ESP on my non sport, 44 toothed ABS rings.

I bought 8200186298, 8200186299.

Managed to get them new for £70 odd delivered brand new.

Right looks like that's on the shopping list. Where would I get them from? Find someone breaking a DCI or order them off someone on here? Or go to Renault so they can rinse my life savings to buy a pair?

Many.
You need to find somebody breaking a DCi 100, so zero chance of that really.

Just buy them new, from Renault.

I bought them through a guy that works in Renault somewhere but not Adam or Wests he had some at a low price. He's in the Renault UK fb group called Paul Earnshaw.