ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non Starter - Again

Renaultsport Clio 197, Ni
I have a strange thing with my 57 reg Renaultsport Clio 197 and wonder if anybody has had a similar occurance at all ? The car was 2 years ols last September and has only done 7,500 miles and has been serviced twice, in that time. Last year around May my wife was driving the car, she parked in a Sainsburys car park and left the car for about an hour, when she came back the car unlocked as usual on opening the door (keyless entry) on attempting to start the car (foot on the brake and push the button) nothing happened except the ignition light came on as usual and a message said "steering not locked" pushing the start button again just seemed to do nothing except turn off the ignition lights. Called AA and they failed to diagnose the fault and started the car on a tow - only by pressing randomly on the starter button at the same time ! Recovered the car to home about a 1 mile drive and all seemed back to normal, Renault checked the car and found no recorded fault. The same thing happened on September and the car was uplifted to the Renault garage who kept it overnight and found no fault the next morning - it started on the button again. It has been OK since, until today when the same set of conditions exist. Car unlock on the door handle opening OK message says apply brake and start the car - but nothing happens except random message "steering not locked" and it wont even try and start ! Any clues ?

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
hi , this is normally a faulty electric lock. there is normaly a stored fault code when the fault intermittant and should be covered under warranty.

Renaultsport Clio 197, Ni
Thanks guys, trouble is by the time it gets to the garage the fault has gone away and nothing is logged in the fault store = No Fix !