ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nOOb Question

Hello all :)

Now this is going to come across as a very n00b question so forgive my ignorance..

Basically i'm looking to purchase a Clio RenaultSport and want to know what variants there are and what the main differences are.

I'm assuming that the 172 and 182's main difference is in BHP?
Is there much noticeable difference in performance between the 172 and the 172 cup as these are the models i'm currently considering.

Cheers for any help clearing stuff up for me.
B

Lionel Richie
cup is the fastest by far, but its also the most dangerous in inexperienced hands, no abs, no aircon, no nothing, hundreds have been written off, some insurance companies won't touch them

182 has a different suspension setup, different exhaust manifold and a few other bits

they're all pretty much the same

phs1 172 (round headlights) are the most fun in my eyes
phs2 172 cup is quickest
the rest are all pretty much the same
182 trophy is a limited edition with uber fancy suspension

thats about it

just make sure whatever you buy has had a cambelt and aux belt done recently, look out for accident damaged cars (cat d/c, but you can get a bargain if you don't mind that)

cup is the fastest by far, but its also the most dangerous in inexperienced hands, no abs, no aircon, no nothing, hundreds have been written off, some insurance companies won't touch them

182 has a different suspension setup, different exhaust manifold and a few other bits

they're all pretty much the same

phs1 172 (round headlights) are the most fun in my eyes
phs2 172 cup is quickest
the rest are all pretty much the same
182 trophy is a limited edition with uber fancy suspension

thats about it

just make sure whatever you buy has had a cambelt and aux belt done recently, look out for accident damaged cars (cat d/c, but you can get a bargain if you don't mind that)

Perfect cheers mate.
Didn't realise the cup was that raw...no ABS etc.
I'm gonna be checking out a silver 2002 172 after xmas (if its still there) but i'm giving myself a few months to actually put any money down. Have around £6000ish and have seen a few very nice examples under that mark.

Cheers for all the friendly replies :)

Have people had any noticeable differences in the cost of insurance between the 172 and 182? I know i can get insurance for the 172 but haven't yet had a quote for a 182.

As for colour, i'm lusting after a silver 172, they're stunning!