ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

North West Mk1 2L Vs. Mk2 2L meet

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=11&TopicID=35176&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=2http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=11&TopicID=35176&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=2

there has been a bit of talk on the spotted section about how the big bad cups think they can out run us Mk1 boys. So, are any of you gonna stop talking and meet up for a friendly blast down some of Handforths finest by-passs? Myself and Adi will be there, hopefully Paddy, Jon, Craggy and Paul? this is of course strictly in the name of science! post here if you are interested and hopefully we can sort something for early next week, maybe a monday?

mk2 172

me definately mate, if theres a meet with some action im there! i wanna compare with a mk1 172 the most he he, then we can go the pub afterwards or summat???

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Yeah, why not just all go to York and settle this on the strip...

We can have mk1 vs mk2 vs Cup vs VTS vs whatever and its all fair, timed and legal. ;)

I know for a fact that my mates mk1 172 will get kicked by a mk2 let alone a Cup, but thats a Friday afternoon car. Would be good to get some good examples of mk1s down there and run against each other to see what the outcome is.

Been baiting GTi-6s on our forums as they reckon Rallyes are no quicker (yeah right), but its strange how not one single GTi-6 showed up at York last time. All talk no action it seems, but Ive got one GTi-6 that reckons hes coming now, so well see how he does.

After my 15.1 last time, I am gonna be going for the 14s now. :devilish:

Also had the turbo diesel crew claiming they can kick our @ss (again) so Ive laid down the invite to York for them to settle this!

Seems a lot of scores will be settled at York.

H22A7 Accord Type R

haha sounds quality!!!!! im gonna have to pop over sometime to have a look at this!!! sounds like a fun thing to watch!!!!

surprise surprise, no cups have put anything down yet, come on you fairys! i think york is a week on monday Paddy, this thing im trying to organise is for this monday! i will be at york as well tho hopefully!

Rangerover Supercharged

Well,

I never thought you non cup owning boys would take up the challenge in arms, lets get this organised properly, imagine 20 or so clios blasting down the M60 after each other, the dibble would f**king love it.

I also own a MK2 VTS which is slightly modified, my mate whitey has agreed to drive the VTS which should give us all a blast against a classic motor.

It would have to take place in a couple of weeks Im waiting for delivery of my secret MK1 Clio killer, wait and see what my secret weapen is.

Lts get ready to rumble.

Do you guys know any other VTS owners.

this is some other arranged thrash, i reckon we will be sweet down handforths bypasss, no police, national speed limit, straights and roundabouts, no cameras, really quiet at night. if we lay down some rules then we should have a safe and fun blast. This monday is our best bet cos we want to get it done before york the following monday.

by rules i mean no overtaking on roundabouts(this only applies to us Mk1 boys, cos our cars handle;)) always stay in inside lane unless you are going for an overtake, sh*t like that, i reckon we will be fine. there is no street lighting on these by passs and i really do doubt we wil have any trouble from the police. so anyone who can do this monday at about 11pm, let us know!

You none Cup MK2s are gonna have a fair bit of trouble dealing with the MK1s, they are nearly just as fast as a stnd Cup, I should know I had one, the old Evo roadtest shows that through the gears they are just as fast, gon on Mk1 lads.

Hmm i may tag along and give my car a run out again (if i am correct in assuming where this is ive already given my car a very good run out down there ;))

Tony

Rangerover Supercharged

Thats it lads,

Can someone get some directions posted so we can all go and give it a trial run, dont want to be outdone on your home turf.

Nice one

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by clean16v on 13 May 2003

surprise surprise, no cups have put anything down yet, come on you fairys! i think york is a week on monday Paddy, this thing im trying to organise is for this monday! i will be at york as well tho hopefully!
LOL

The next York RWYB event were going to is on Mon 26th May and its the bank holiday too.

But seems you wanna settle this earlier! ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 13 May 2003

yeah where is it? i dont even know, i may be disadvantanged if im clueless?!
Yeah, I might pop alogn for this too...

Anyone up for York though?!

2012 WRX Waggon

Provided I m not working count me in!!

For those of u unsure as to where Hanforth by-pass is - it runs between Cheadle and Alderley edge - think it might also link up with the old cotton road out of Macclesfield?

Mahdi - how about meeting at the JJB again, might be easier for people to find.

paul

clio 20v

im up for this and ill be at york aswell to better my 14.7 quarter mile

are u 172 boys confident on beating my time hehe

adi

Golf GTI Ed30

Quote: Originally posted by visceral on 13 May 2003

Provided I m not working count me in!!

For those of u unsure as to where Hanforth by-pass is - it runs between Cheadle and Alderley edge - think it might also link up with the old cotton road out of Macclesfield?

Mahdi - how about meeting at the JJB again, might be easier for people to find.

paul
Thats bloody Manchester near enough. Probably be a bit to far for me on a monday night. Unless it gets arranged a bit closer like Donny or something. Theres some good dual carrigeways round there I hear.

Ill definatley be at York though.

mk2 172

he he, remeber the last street racing meet i sorted? filmed it all too, that was a blast, poundrick, iv got a vts

right, we can meet at trafford for those who dont know where it is? it is the A34, the stretch im thinking of runs between the M60 cheadle junction(3), all the way up to wilmslow. its a very long stretch.

so if we meet at the trafford centre all those who are unsure can find it. we will bring the AP-22 and a camera for later comparisons, so whos in? monday night, around 11pm, trafford centre. Adi and myself are defo there, who else?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Gworks on 13 May 2003

meet at the trafford centre all those who are unsure can find it. we will bring the AP-22 and a camera for later comparisons, so whos in? monday night, around 11pm, trafford centre. Adi and myself are defo there, who else?
Well, the GF is on nights this Monday so I could come out to play... ;)

Who else is going?!

Well, being less than 2 miles from my house, Id be stupid not to!

If you meet at Trafford at 11pm, I suppose Ill see you all on the A34 around 11:30, shouldnt be too hard to find a convoy of Clios on that road on a Monday night!

Anybody mind if my mate comes down with his newly aquired Integra Type-R? He recons its quicker than a Clio! He may have a point!

Cheers

Jack

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Gworks on 13 May 2003

so its clean 16v, Adi, Rich-D so far, craggy? paddy? jon? still no cups, get yor names down fairy boys!
I aint a definate yet, but Ill probably come along...

well we should all meet at the texaco garage at trafford centre so no one gets lost at 11pm, put your names down......................

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Simon172 on 14 May 2003

i wish i lived up north................... you guys have all the fun!
Yeah and stuff costs less too... ;)

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Yerr but we have all the DECENT tuning companies down in the south

You guys will have to do with Halfords :devilish:

At least we can drive on decent roads up here dahn sarf the roads are choc full of traffic!! Yeah! and the beer dont look like & taste like pi$$.. and cost £4 a pint... Plus we have decent footy teams NO not Man Ush1ted MAN CITY.... i was there on Sunday to see mighty Kevs Blue army disapoint as usual!

Ah well roll on August..! Rant over! Dont want to start a mas-debate!!(fnar fnar)

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by Seedy on 14 May 2003

At least we can drive on decent roads up here dahn sarf the roads are choc full of traffic!! Yeah! and the beer dont look like & taste like pi$$.. and cost £4 a pint... Plus we have decent footy teams NO not Man Ush1ted MAN CITY.... i was there on Sunday to see mighty Kevs Blue army disapoint as usual!

Ah well roll on August..! Rant over! Dont want to start a mas-debate!!(fnar fnar)
Light the blue touch paper LOL.

£4 a pint where you been drinking !!

Choc full of traffic, yer cause we all can afford cars down south ;)

Which brings me back to my original poin, we have all the DECENT tuning companies down here

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by ChavyBoy on 14 May 2003

Yerr but we have all the DECENT tuning companies down in the south

You guys will have to do with Halfords
Since when?!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by ChavyBoy on 14 May 2003

Since BB Tuning and KTEC..
But not ALL cars in the world are Renault and they have this thing called postage!