ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

North West Owners - I need a favour

Trophy #387
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I'm looking to buy a 172/182. I've never really seen one up close, let alone sat in one and I'd love to have a decent look around one before trawling through the classifieds. Just wondering if any one local (ish) to me would mind me coming to take a look at your car and maybe take me out for a spin? For what it's worth I'm a middle aged guy with two kids and I'm not a nut job :grinning:

I live in Caldy on the Wirral so anywhere around The Wirral, Chester etc would be great.

Cheers, Ben

Trophy #387
Thanks Dave. Actually it may be some help as I'm planning on using it as a road car but throwing in a few track days too. It won't be a stripped out affair but you may be able to give me a few pointers.

I had an E36 race car about 5 years ago before I had the kids but it got sold as I had no time to use it. I went on a BMW corporate day at Oulton yesterday with a mate and it's given me the horn for track days again. I can't be doing with the hassle of trailers etc again but something I can drive to the track really appeals.

Norbury90

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Silver 182
Hi Ben, recognise your username from PH.

I have a 182 and i'm only down the road from Caldy if you want to see it sometime? It's not particularly special but it's reasonably tidy and almost entirely unmodified.

Let me know if you want to see it

Rob

Trophy #387
Thanks Rob (recognise you from PH too)

I met up with Carl (bloke) on Friday (and briefly Chi) and went out for a quick spin and it was enough to convince me to get one. All being well I'll be picking up Jonny's Trophy that's in the Sales Section next weekend :grinning: Maybe we could meet for a quick chat once I've picked it up and I can bend your ear about servicing etc.

Having said that, I reckon Carl pretty much told me everything I think! (Thanks Carl).

Norbury90

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Silver 182
Thanks Rob (recognise you from PH too)

I met up with Carl (bloke) on Friday (and briefly Chi) and went out for a quick spin and it was enough to convince me to get one. All being well I'll be picking up Jonny's Trophy that's in the Sales Section next weekend :grinning: Maybe we could meet for a quick chat once I've picked it up and I can bend your ear about servicing etc.

Having said that, I reckon Carl pretty much told me everything I think! (Thanks Carl).
Excellent, will be good to have another one around, especially a Trophy. Will keep an eye out for you

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
If I had seen this earlier I would of took you out and tried to convince you to get a 200 haha. Never mind!