ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Northern Ireland Meet?

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
this would be a good idea, i would like to know if there would be many interested, are a few renault sport owners near me but never really get chatting to them, be good to a run up the coast or just a meet to have something for rs or clio owners in NI.

I'd love to meet up with a few folks, though mines a non-rs and out of mot at the moment. I know there's at least 2 or 3 rolling around ards though, seen 2x RB 182s and a Black 182 near the big tescos.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I guess that's down to me, or if anyone has some cool ideas for a meet - that is always more than welcome :)

I haven't been on here much lately and I'm in process of looking for a new motor,
something about my wee Clio still makes me want to hold on another while though so I'm around for a while yet

Where is everyone based?

Depending on what sort of setting we're going for, there's a good few places in and around Queen's Island, The docks, shipyards (iconic!), all the titanic business, as well as locations across the dock around Airport Road West and such. I think ARW is considered 'private' road as well, as it's gated and can be locked at night - if it's open, there's a good few roads for some shots! Oh and someone should bring a camera.

Depending on what sort of setting we're going for, there's a good few places in and around Queen's Island, The docks, shipyards (iconic!), all the titanic business, as well as locations across the dock around Airport Road West and such. I think ARW is considered 'private' road as well, as it's gated and can be locked at night - if it's open, there's a good few roads for some shots! Oh and someone should bring a camera.
Thats a good idea!!! the shipyards and titanic would be awesome

RS Clio 182 Cup
Hi guys,

I am most highly interested in this meet, just got myself a mint blue 182 cup, Pics to follow this week, as per meet, H&W would be really nice, but people not think its getting bit dated as everyone goes there for pictures ? what about trying to organise some photos at H&W then onto few other spots like trying organise some photos at stormont or something, or oxford island (craigavon), oxford island would mean nice convoy up to there too. How many people can we get interested for a Saturday or Sunday run out, hope weather dry and bright for photos. Hit us up with any suggestions.

Andy

H&W can get a little played out, but that's only because it's an iconic place that represents NI. Photos around stormont could be cool if security were able to let us right up to the carson statue infront of the buildings. There's also places like Scrabo country Park, Crawfordsburn and Helen's bay in the North down areas.
I'm definitely up for it, though like I said, i've no MOT at the moment and uni's getting a little heavy, so couldn't do it just this weekend.

RS Clio 182 Cup
Understand with Uni costs and all that bud. We get something sorted for a weekend ASAP, I'm sure I could possibly see about getting us allowed up to Stormont. Would anyone be up for a meet and chat Sprucefield or somewhere this weekend just for a bit of banter and grab a bite to eat ??

Andy

I definitely want to come along to something once I get the car sorted, used to go with friends to the different car meets and clio's were always surprisingly under-represented. Plus it looks chavtastic when my little modded non-sport is beside something like a 3.0 supra and ae86 and legions of hondas. :(
Plus at least if we have a group of us in clios and at least ONE RS, we can meet up for a coffee, chat, then go as a group!

Booked and failed last friday on a jammed rear belt-buckle. Waiting on a replacement from Renparts still, hoping it will turn up today so i can get it in and retested asap! It's ridiculous trying to get to Jordanstown without a car when you don't live in the city or near the train!

Last edited:
  Clio
I'm up for a get together guys. Not running the Clio at the moment as its now a project for which I should really get a thread up for, but however, I'm still game as long as you all dont mind a non Renault tagging on the back for a while.

Zeitgeist0190, why dont you remove the rear seats and belts and get the re-test done? Last time I had the Clio Up for MOT it still had hydraulics in place of the back seats, no seats meant no requirement for rear belts. Free short term fix. Car was still registered as a 5 seater by the way.

Zeitgeist0190, why dont you remove the rear seats and belts and get the re-test done? Last time I had the Clio Up for MOT it still had hydraulics in place of the back seats, no seats meant no requirement for rear belts. Free short term fix. Car was still registered as a 5 seater by the way.

Much much more hassle than it's worth tbh, The part should hopefully be here today and I can get it all sorted. royal pain!

RS Clio 182 Cup
Lets see how many are interested for this weekend for a small meet if you all want. Zeitgeist0190 if you want I could lift you if you want and bring you down to the meet if you want to come.

Andy

I hate temporary postmen. Part arrived today, dickhead didn't knock the door to say he was there, elft the card and fucked off. ARGH. So picking it up tomorrow, fitting tomorrow and getting Motor-trade mate to squeeze me in to MOT. So all being well - i might be back in action soon!

Andy- Cheers, depending on what happens with the above/uni coursework due on monday, I'd be potentially up for it. We need to pick a Time, Date and place!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Booked and failed last friday on a jammed rear belt-buckle. Waiting on a replacement from Renparts still, hoping it will turn up today so i can get it in and retested asap! It's ridiculous trying to get to Jordanstown without a car when you don't live in the city or near the train!

Mine failed on that too & rear caliper binding earlier this year + xenon washers not spraying :/

My belt buckle was fixed there & then though - was a small stone in it!
If you haven't already tried that - do it lol :)

Mine failed on that too & rear caliper binding earlier this year + xenon washers not spraying :/

My belt buckle was fixed there & then though - was a small stone in it!
If you haven't already tried that - do it lol :)

Yeah he failed mine on the buckle and a 'seized brake bias' which my mechanic explained 'wasnt seized' as he showed me him pulling on it..
The MOT man did give me around 15 minutes to try and fix it there and then, we determined there was nothing in it and the mechanism was just stuck. He said as they're flush with the seats it's commons to get things stuck in them and break.