ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Northern Irelands Best white MK1/ Hello

Hey folks, Ian here from Londonderry in Northern Ireland. Long story short I used to drive around a Citroen ax 1.0i which wasn't great but it was free. I saved for a peugoet 306 D turbo and finaly bought one but I was royally shafted as I thought I knew the seller as I used to work for his brother but no.....car blew up after 2 and a half months after finding out it was stolen, crashed, repaired, sold to me and it had a whole wreck of problems which I found out after I bought it. £1700 down the drain. I always just wanted to modify a car and I've been into cars as long as I can remember. I was saving up for a newer car and went back to the AX when my dad told me his friend might be selling a clio as they bought a new car, I was like......:dead: :nono: . The details were sketchy but I did know it was a woman driver who is 56 and the car had 58k. I also knew it was a 1998 so I wasn't sure if it was a mk1 or a mk2. My friend has a white mk1 and I love it to bits. His is a 1997 with standard black bumpers. My dad said apparently it is in mint condition apart from a few small spots of rust. Being a car detailer this was a big plus.

We arranged to see it and it played on my mind so much that I was getting quite excited. I found out on the day of viewing that it was a mk1 (i prefer that style) and was white (i love that colour) so all was good. I thought it was going to be identical to my friends car however my car had colour coded bumpers as its a mk1 phase 3. He was raging :rasp:.

I knew the timing belt had snapped before i went and saw it but my mechanic said he could get it sorted no probs. We towed it out to him and I was really impressed. The guy was looking for £60 quid for the car and £50 for the tax as he knew my dad and he knew my situation with the Peugoet. A week passed until I could pick it up. I was so excited i was getting cold sweats. I got the insurance sorted at a cost of £995 Fully modified fpft which is brill as its in my own name and that fact that i'm form N.Ireland and 19.

So, a few hours before I picked it up I bought a JVC headunit (4 x 50w) from Argos and a few wheel trims. The car had a cassette player .....anyone know what that is?:S .

So this is how she looked when I picked her up.

DSCN1237.jpg

DSCN1233.jpg

DSCN1234.jpg

Needed a Clean but I was happy as it was standards, sorted and a blank canvas.

One week and a half later and this is how she stands.

DSCN1239.jpg

DSCN1240.jpg

DSCN1241.jpg

Note I have colour coded the bumpstrips and Put on my trims and Sunstrip (will get alloys in a few days)

My Bumpstrips + annoying mild bit of rust

DSCN1244.jpg

My cd player

DSCN1247.jpg

Big Bertha (1000w power 350w RMS 12" Fli trap active sub)

DSCN1248.jpg

Sparco Harness ( 3 point, I don't race or break the speed limit, I just like the look and feel that everytime you get into your car it's like getting on the olbivion rollercoaster)

DSCN1249.jpg

Standrd Looking Arse

DSCN1245.jpg

Mint Interior

DSCN1246.jpg

Sidelights of certain Death

DSCN1252.jpg

So how it stands so far

1998 Renault Clio 1.2
58k Glacier White
Colour Coded Bumpstrips
Custom Sunstrip
Sparco 3 point Harness
JVC Head Unit
Blue Sidelights
Fli trap 12" Active Sub 1000w Power 350w RMS
Induction Kit

Things to do when I get paid in a few days

Finish off colour coding
Sort out the bits of Rust
get some 15" alloys
Buy another Harness
Get twin exit exhaust

Things to do in the near Future
Get tined windows
Lower 60mm
Uprate Brakes
Roll Cage

I love my white clio, it rocks. Glacier white rules, Screw all the other colours

white_flour.jpg

(only joking couldn't resist)

Well I hope to meet you all in time and I hope to meet members close to me. You seem like a nice bunch of people. Roll on pay day

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
Weyhey another NI member, my mate has a beauty of a Mk1 Ph3, will post a link up to a few pics wen i can

well i got the typical arch rust sorted last night however i ran out of glacier white + money. doh! i'm currently filling out some rust spots on the inside of the boot. when i'm done she wonthave a dinge dent or scratch or bit of rust :rasp:

Megane 225
Welcome to CS! My 1st Car was a MK1 Ph3 think it was a Biarittz of however ya wanna spell it! Take a look at the Local meetings section, we're trying to get something sorted before Christmas!