ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NOS

Clio 172 cup

No you want a dry kit for yours mate. the streetblaster 100i is the one to go for and I wouldnt go any higher than 50 jets if I was you!

go to highpower.freeserve.co.uk

http://www.noswizard.comwww.noswizard.com they make their own N2O kits and are much better than NOS.... I would start with a 50 bhp jet but if youy want more then you need a progressive controller, with that you can go up to 150 bhp if you can afford the refills

Erm, the HighPower systems are wet not dry, as they supply a mix of fuel as well as N2O into the inlet through their Crossfire injectors.

Because of the (reasonably) tight limits on the ecu in the 172 youre better off running wet, thus as soon as N2O is injected fuel is in there too, if it was dry, youre hoping that the ECU will add enough fuel for you, and if it doesnt it wont be pretty :(

If Ive got completely the wrong end of the stick, please correct me ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

roamer is right i dont think renault wrote a "customer has fitted nitrous, add more fuel" command into the ecu

but saying that does it matter? as long as theres some fuel?

well confused :confused:

Tom, I think Im right in saying that if there isnt enough fuel, itll run lean, and if it runs lean it will cause BIG problems with the engine :(, a wet system is setup to give enough fuel to compensate the amount of N2O being injected, thus allowing the car to fuel itself as normal, and when youre talking about progressive controllers giving 30% rising to 100% over time the ONLY way you can do it successfully is to let the progressive controller control fuel and N2O.

Hehe, maybe Renault should add the "customer has fitted nitrous, add more fuel" scenario into the ECU LoL :p, but then, would you trust it even if it was there ? :confused:

lol... the computer would never cope with adding that much more fuel.... hahaha... It would lean out and melt. ouch... But your right roamer you need a wet n20 kit and i have read up that the wizards of nos are the ones to get

Hmmm Insurance, well, I aint found a company yet that will let me run it on the road, although I found one that would insure it for use on track/dragstrip (Adrian Flux) as long as the bottle is disconnected whilst on the road.

Th only other way I know of insuring it is to get Car Traders insurance, then you pay a (large) flat fee and are insured to drive anything (apparently regardless of mods) :devilish: - but costs major £££££££

350z & 16v Maxi

My shop can get CLiosport members cheap NOs. IT is the stuff from http://www.NOswizard.comwww.NOswizard.com. If you phone 01292 610644 and quote Cliosport and my name they, or maybe me will sort it out for you.

You might wonder why we can give you it cheap and ill let you know. We are trying to become a NOs dealer and the more kits we have sales from the better it is for us so i spoke to my boss and said that you guys would by it is you got a good deal and suggested selling at cost to you and he agreed. So it will be the trade price all the dealers get it for that you can get it for.

only advice I have had re NOS is it great stuff love the power bu ONLY if you not keeping the car for more than few years, you WILL have major major problems, long term power gains and far cheaper in the long run get a super charger (I love that sound)

Thats my two penneth worth, I kno wmany people love the idea of NOS but whats the point when your insurance company wont touch you and its kinda obvious when you have an accident that you have nos installed its not exaclty suble having a 2 foot gas tank in the boot!!!!

have fun

noel, i dont think ill keep the car more than 2 year (top), & the nos r not going to be in the boot...

about the supercharger (or turbo), its a lot of money spending...

Adi - LoL good idea matey :p

As far as insurance goes, if you can find a place that doesnt ask WHAT your performance enhancements are, but instead only ask for a percentage increase (And there are some that do just that) then youre onto a winner.

The other possible hope is an insurance co that Im just gonna call now, so Ill tell you how successful it is....

Placement of the bottle, Clio_172MK2 - where are you planning to install the bottle? Ive thought about getting rid of the bracket in the spare wheel well, and making a custom stand for it, but I dont know about bottle sizes yet, so cant do anything about it.....

Im going round to see my local agent for Highpower Systems tonight, and should be getting a demo of one of his n2od motors :D, Ill report back on it 2moro

ICE'dberg MK2 172

When I did a quote on elephant.co.uk they had the option for gas in the mods section.....I am assuming they mean nO2 but then it could mean LPG???????.

Roamer .......NOS??? thought it was TBs!! for you. Hows it running and what else have you done to it since the remap?

Just bought 17s so I guess the suspension is next.

Clio_172MK2 - How have you decked the back since you took the seats out? have you got an aftermarket exhaust? how loud is it, cos mine was BLOODY LOUD without them in, did you do any soundproofing?

Chris, well, Im thinking of N2O just for the strip, head work and R/L traction control are the next fulltime mods, its running sweet, although I still have to fully repipe the air intake (Im a lazy bugga at the best of times LoL)

what 17s did you go for? Theyre on my list of goodies too, have picked em out, just need to check out the availability of them, and get Eagle F1s lined up as well.

I didnt make it out to get a demo of the N2O system yet, but maybe tonight if hes around :devilish:

Roamer- when i installed my audio system i gave up my back seats (i dont really needed it), and there r still room for the NOS bottle.

i didnt touch the exhaust yet, i still dont know what im going to put (i thought about "Magnex" or "Scorpion")

The thing about NOS is that its not useable power, really you can only use it in a straight line, so the only worthwile application is on a dragstrip which i still find pointless as it takes the skill out of creating the perfect car when you strap a 10000bhp nos bottle in the car.

My view is clearly in the minority but there you go..

What u talking about Rob!

The fun is in engaging the nos on a roundabout at high speed :eek:) lol!!!

Then again.....

Nick - yup, the N2O is for the strip (whens the first York day were all going to?), gotta be done, no way I could afford a turbo/supercharger conversion yet, but Im lined up to get R/L traction control in feb, and gotta talk to mailto:Dave@K-tec">Dave@K-tec about some headwork, and Im gonna meet up with Ant (a local Highpower agent) so he can demo it to me - but at the mo hes up in doncaster workin with Trev :-(

RobFenn - Now come on, N2O just cos of F&F? nahhhhh, now wanting a good time on the strip..... yeah, if people did it a la F&F then everyone would only hit the gas at the last second (cos thats where it really makes you a winner), youd only have one or maybe two hits, it would be activated by a red button (most probably on your stearing wheel, not @ WOT), oh yeah, and an rx7 would have a normal engine block LoL