ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

not a good start

Clio 172
Oh s**t I forgot to check, it was getting late so just wanted to quickly whip the shaft off to have a look. Picture
IMG_20150407_194523483_zpscnekjskt.gif
@ckings6056, thanks gaz

Clio 172
Pretty sure its a new shaft though, if it is I'm guessing its gone before and the new shaft was the quick fix to sell.

Possibly! You can change the sleeve, it's tight but it does come off with some force!
Maybe worth changing it just to see if it sorts your problem?

Clio 172
Possibly! You can change the sleeve, it's tight but it does come off with some force!
Maybe worth changing it just to see if it sorts your problem?
Cheers mate, have you got a link to where you bought yours. Had a quick look and couldn't find anything.

Clio 172
No mate, I've had zero time to work on it. I tried today and my wife phones everyone round for a BBQ. Going to try tomorrow.

1 thing that is baffling me is that if I let the clutch totally out it bites and trys to go, so thinking of changing clutch too. I've read a couple of how to gear box removals and it seems such a ball ache, I've changed a few clutches but this seems awful. Thinking of craning the whole engine out the top and giving to and once over and tidying up the bay too.

It's not a hard job dropping the box out, just time consuming really... Access is tight on a few bits that need to come off.

As for the wife.... I know the feeling sometimes lol.

Clio 172
Yeah seems long winded, similar time and I think I can have the engine out too. Plus as I said gives me chance to paint block up ect maybe a few mods.