ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NOT CHUFFED, NEED NEW FRONT SKIRT

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
YESTERDAY WAS A CRAPY DAY,, I WENT TO GET NEW TIRES FITTED AND THEY WERE TO BUSY, EVEN THO I SAW MY ORDERED TYRES SITTING THERE, ANYWAY, COME BACK TOMORO NO PROBS.

whilst driving home, a JCB flicked a bit of road metal (big lump of rock 6 inches diameter prob) into the road and I hit it, burst the black skirt at bottom of bumper and marker the sub frame. It is of course Councils fault and am persuing a claim, but my question is......... if they say no to claim where can i get one.

Renault say £138 plus vat cos they dont do the skirt seperate from the bumper, are they trying to con me, cos its only attached with screws.

Any idea where / how much? its a 172 cup 03 plate so the scrappy is probably out.

One very unhappy camper!

Renault have probably quoted you for the cup splitter at that price. That is what you want the council to send you a cheque for anyway, and then get a carbon one from ktec for £ 100 and pocket ther change :D

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
they gave me a printed list of what my car is and hand wrote the quote on the bottom of it with the part numbers, labour, vat etc, when i said £138 for the skirt he said it must come with the front bumper, which i took as meaning "I dont know and your just a girl!"

They have quoted you wrong tbh. You dont need a new bumper, and a new bumper supplied fitted and painted at renault should be alot more than £138!

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
thats what i thought, he didn't even look at it, just took reg plate number and i told him exactly what it was and that bumper was fine, I think i may have to go down there again and ......... his .......... fill in the blanks