ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not driving well......

Hi - first time here and not "car minded" in the slightest so bear with me please.....!

I have a Clio Sport 172 which hasnt been "driving" very nicely. It is fine in the morning but when I drive it at lunchtime or leaving work it is really jerky. I dont know how else to explain it but I look like I cant drive kangarooing down the road.

I experimented and kept the gas low and constant (didnt boot it like normal!) but it still seemed like it didnt want to go anywhere and was pulling back.

Has anyone else had this? Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading

Kitty

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Try some fuel cleaner in it . My sis old 106 did the same and when she used some fuel cleaner it was fine.

D tox halfords £ 14.99 .

[Edited by mr bognor on 05 May 2004 at 6:51pm]

Mr2 Roadster

Welcome Aboard Sailor...

Enjoy Cliosport, just watch out for all the desperate men.

If its not that it could be something related to the coil pack, poor earth causing a weak spark.. think there was a common problem like that on the very early MK1 172s

Really stupid question, are you supposed to use super unleaded petrol. I bought it second hand and have just been using normal unleaded??????

ex Clio 172 owner :(

My Saxo runs better on S+, otherwise I get dodgy idling and flat spotting when driving. Should really get it looked at, shouldnt have to use S+.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Also make sure its properly warmed up before making off. My Cup does the same thing some days.

Ziel Nurburgring

Mine does the same sometimes, very jerky upto 3k revs with some hesitation. Only does it when the engines warm after going for lunch and then leaving it for a few hours and getting back in it before its cold.

Quote: Originally posted by toms123 on 06 May 2004

So if you use petrol cleaner do you put it in when you have a pretty full tank o fuel? What does it do exactly?
Before you fill up with a full tank you emptly the bottle into the fuel tank. Its supposed to clean the injectors spray and other stuff to make for a more efficent tneigne it might to but somehtime the probelm isnt the injectors.

The only way of truly cleaning the injectors is to have them removed and ultrasonically cleaned.

Injectors are like a sieve and just like a sieve they sometimes gets blocked and wont flow as much as some of the holes are blocked. Injector cleaner should clean the bits from the sieve so the injectors back to normal