ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not quite happy with this one, why?

I dont think this picture has come out sharp enough. Whats gone wrong?
4117412857_c59b988b04_b.jpg

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
it would help if the exif was there.

It could just be you didnt focus correctly, although more oftan than not its camera shake.

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
it says its blocked on exif viewer, so perhaps you have disabled it from your flickr?

Oil Burner
Its front focused with a pretty shallow DOF

Notice the line of sharp in focus dust just infront of the cat. The end of its nose is nearly in focus.

Cupra
Its front focused with a pretty shallow DOF

Notice the line of sharp in focus dust just infront of the cat. The end of its nose is nearly in focus.
Spot on.

Code:
Camera:  	Nikon D40
Exposure: 	0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture: 	f/1.6
Focal Length: 	30 mm
ISO Speed: 	200
Exposure Bias: 	+1 EV
Flash: 	Auto, Fired, Return not detected

Its a fairly low shutter speed but you should have got away with it at 30mm.

I noticed that when I am shooting at f1.4 I try to focus and shoot in one movement, rather than locking focus and then pressing the shutter fully a second later. The reason being is that when I looked at how I was taking an image, I noticed that I was leaning into a shot each time I pressed the shutter.

The tiniest movement forwards or backwards can shift your focal point otherwise leaving you with a soft image.

I was going for the low aperture, just expected it to be a little sharper than it is.

Maybe if the little bugger stays still long enough ill give it another go.
The other cat sits still but her colours make her very hard to photograph
Thanks for the advice tho guys.

TTRS & V50
Bang on advice in this thread !!!!

Agree with Andy about swift movement with focus and pressing the shutter. The tiniest movement can make or break ;)

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
Using the * button to focus and the main shutter button as just the shutter can help wonders in situations like this :D