ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

not reving high enough.

I have 52 reg clio 172 cup.

Sometimes the car will rev quite happily all the way to 7200rpm and then sometimes it hits the limiter at 6950rpm.

It never miss fires or anything it just seems to hit the limiter allot earlier.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as im rather baffled at the minute.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Peak power @ 6500 RPM ... Intake welds blow @ 7201 RPM

If your oil is not up to temp, it will not let you get to 7200 RPM !

:nono:

The car had been running for at least 15 minutes prior to giving it some beans. I had a civic type r before this and vtec wouldnt engage untill the oil was up to temp so im used to having to let the car warm up

ok thanks for that, ill just let it warm up a bit more next time, just seemed weird, as said my civic type r was warmed up after about 15 minutes and that reved to 8200rpm

CTR to a clio, interesting 'progression' ;)

how do both cars compare?

I only got rid of the civic as I got laid off from work, I was taken back on a week after selling the civic tho, but i thought id go back to french hatches as previously id had 106's and saxos and loved them also meant i had money left over to pay my insurance off and do a few bits to the clio.

The civic was bomb proof and vtec was addictive, but I think the clio is quicker throughout the rev range and it handles better, has so much more feel on turn in and a load more front end grip, i was running yokohama parada spec 2's on the civic and even in the dry it could spin a wheel whilst exiting a corner hard.

I do miss vtec and the civic was a bit more comfortable for me as im 6ft 2", but the clio is cheaper to run ,cheaper to insure by about £500 and cheaper to modify

53 Clio's & counting
One thing which doesn't get said alot matey is driving style

The rev limit is controlled by the ecu, and changes when the water temp hits circa 82 degrees iirc.

BUT, if you drive gently it might not reach that, even though as stated you have travelled a while, for example i work 12 miles from home, and if i drive carefully then mine sometimes wont rev right out even after 20 mins of driving

Also check coolant temp sensor as they are prone to fail, and can give the ecu fause readings

Welcome BTW :)

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
i have bought a clio 182 04 plate and the rev limiter cuts in at approx 6800rpm :( is this right?