ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not starting first time

Im almost 100% sure this has been covered recently but cant find the answer for some reason.

Recently my ph 172 has stopped starting on the first turn of the key. If i turn it a notch before 'crank' position then leave it for 10sec or so then start its fine.

Anyone know why it would have just recently started to do this? or is it just me trying to start it too quickly?

Battery is a couple of months old, Bosch S4 iirc. Its had a new CPS a few months back too.

Last edited:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If its only at first cold start it's more than likely a fuel pressure regulator issue. Pretty common now they're getting older.

If its only at first cold start it's more than likely a fuel pressure regulator issue. Pretty common now they're getting older.

Thanks Mick, i'll check warm start later see how i get on. If it is the fuel pressure regulator, its located on the fuel pump right? easy to replace?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
In that case yes, it is in tank and part of the fuel pump assembly.