ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nothing to see here - move along.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It’s not often that I’m left speechless by what I find when I pull a Jc5 apart, but this one left me laughing in disbelief! I’ll let the pics do the rest of the talking.
9366DF0A-13C1-4ECB-986E-EED6DD3A7CBC.jpeg
DC5EA99C-C2F8-427C-B47A-A8BFE8F57D85.jpeg
FA75FB81-C9D1-43F1-A187-8B4CBD4830CA.jpeg

Ok so brief background - stripped the teeth off 5th gear but still driving as a working box. That collar was holding the shaft as best it could, but it’s popped the top casing, so essentially it’s written that particular gearbox off.

I’ve NEVER seen one of these snapped! And this was only in a near enough standard 182. Lol!

Clearly rolling 180bhp and 1600lb/ft of torque. 😂😂😂

dawgtired

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Mk2 Ph2 172 van
I let the son in law drive the van last week, the way he kept dropping the clutch I thought I’d be back for a rebuild 😡

dawgtired

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Mk2 Ph2 172 van
No mate. I picked it up in for £360 with the clutch gone, and now it's 182 spec front interior with 237bhp lump.
Swap (48a)_LI.jpg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
lol well I'm sorry you ended up with a lemon box.

Just my luck to get that box :ROFLMAO:
Yeah s**t happens mate 👍🏻

When I’ve run out of exchange boxes it’s game over and i’ll just have to go back to refreshing ones that are sent to me - in the hope they’re not suffering a snapped mainshaft. 😂😂😂😂😂

dawgtired

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Mk2 Ph2 172 van
love it! i love the comedy factor of mine with 180hp can only imagine how much fun that is! got a build thread?
I was a bit drunk when I posted that , read the reply wrong :rolleyes:
But yeah it's so much fun, never did do a build thread it just happened, I'll have to do one, still things to change yet.