ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noticed a lot of Citroen Hating...

Monaro VXR
In the thread in other marks.

So now your gonna get subjected to looking at mine. HA! Was the replacement for my Clio after 3 years with the Clio I moved to this..

c4%20side.JPG

And over the last 18 months. Changed it to...

side.JPG

IMG4.jpg

Have to excuse shoddy pictures camera phone/ old digi cam. Last one a mate took. His is the blue C4.

I still miss the Clio at times but I really do love the C4. Really is a nice car to drive. And it gets quite a bit of attention for what is an everyday family car. Possibly due to how rare they still are. And no there not badly built pieces of crap. As most people who have been in one or driven one will know. Just a shame most Citroens are as it gives the C4 a bad name as a result.

sorry, im sure its a good car, but i think they are butt ugly

is the whole centre steering wheel bit wierd?

MCS R56
I think they are very nice cars. A bit different, like old school Citroens. Some of the old CX's, BX's were so cool so it's good to see they are trying out new things. Not the best drivers' car but very nice all the same. VTS is pretty pointless I think. They don't handle or pull very well but the others are fine.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
I love Citroens

We've got a Xsara which is BRILLIANT - best Q-car out.....

looks bland, bit old fashioned, little 15" alloys......

BUT

100% reliability (100K+ miles in Xsaras)

Decent Spec

Superb Ride

50mpg

Dirt Cheap Insurance

with 140bhp & 250lb/ft of torque (re-mapped HDi 110) it will also leave a Mini Cooper in the dust and runs out of gears at close to 130mph :)

Monaro VXR
I think they are very nice cars. A bit different, like old school Citroens. Some of the old CX's, BX's were so cool so it's good to see they are trying out new things. Not the best drivers' car but very nice all the same. VTS is pretty pointless I think. They don't handle or pull very well but the others are fine.

I wouldn't say the 180 is exactly slow though it'll still do sub 8 seconds to 60 8.3 according to specs though which are wrong. And handling isn't that bad. It just isn't quite like most of the hot hatches around at the moment. Considering it was 1.8 second slower round the topgear track than the 225 its not doing too badly. Its was also faster than a CTR around there track anyway...

But if you want a motorway mile muncher dont think you could get a better car than the HDI 1.6's. £35 a year tax and 55mpg+ is achievable. And a remap will give you 150ish bhp.

133/225/CLS AMG
I think they are very nice motors.

Something a little bit different, love the 3 door versions and as you say, pretty rare cars.

I like it that the designers have put their necks out a bit to design something a bit different. Parly why I like the Meganes, gives it some character.

Would be awesome if they put a 225bhp lump in em though!!

Also, anyone like the C6??? I'm loving that too.

Mondeo ST220
yeah i also think they should've made a truly hot version to compete with the meg, astra, golf, focus etc as the C4 has the looks of a hot hatch. the top model deserves more than the GTI180 lump i feel

1.2 MK2 PH2
I work for a citroen garage like n most of the cars arnt my cup of tea but all have atleast 1 good point.

My fav out of the whole range is probably the C2 loeb and the C4 VTS (black)

The c4 Picassos are good MPVs like defintly! But its wat u look for!

The most annoying this theyve done is use the VTR/VTS badge is all their new models, u can now get a VTR/VTS/VTR+ (d)/VTX ... its annoying

only ever drove the C6 once like... its a rival to the big cars well... lower class mercs and beemers :p quality drives tho

MCS R56

I wouldn't say the 180 is exactly slow though it'll still do sub 8 seconds to 60 8.3 according to specs though which are wrong. And handling isn't that bad. It just isn't quite like most of the hot hatches around at the moment. Considering it was 1.8 second slower round the topgear track than the 225 its not doing too badly. Its was also faster than a CTR around there track anyway...

But if you want a motorway mile muncher dont think you could get a better car than the HDI 1.6's. £35 a year tax and 55mpg+ is achievable. And a remap will give you 150ish bhp.

I didn't realise it was that quick around the track. I read some reviews that were not too favourable about the handling and performance. Nice looking cars but maybe just a bit disappointing in terms of driving.