ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Novice to detailing

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Basically I want to start to clening the car properly instead of my current routine.

I already have stuff such as lambswool wash mitt, microfibre drying towel etc..

I basically want to know what products people use, what they rate, what they don't rate. Would also appreciate advice on any products that would be easier/better for me to use as I'v never attempted it before.

Cheers.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Full on detailing, exept machine polishing as I don't have tools or know how tbh.

Take a look in the "what have you bought thread".

Although some of the stuff is expensive which the pro's on here use. Do a search aswell loads of threads on it bud.

Clio Dynamique Noir
Will be keeping tabs on this thread as I also really want to start detailing my car properly! Let me know if you find anything good! ;)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
have a look at detailing world, lots of good advice over there.

I've been using lots of autobrite direct products lately, all have been very impressive except from purple rain. Its all really good value as well!

Elaborate on the lambswool wash mitt etc and we can start from there.

Let's get the wash part right, then we can concentrate on filling, polishing and protecting + wheels, plastics, glass et al.

try auto finesse range, fairly cheap with some great results. no need for machine work either as it can be used by hand for tripple.

STEALTH RAIDER
For thorough work and the best results you will ever get, its all in the prep. Machining is the main factor in detailing with patience and cautiousness being key but also caring for your finish which also takes time and experience. As JD said, once your washing method is mastered then start moving up in stages and not trying to get the whole processes done in 4 hrs ;)